With April literally around the corner, it’s time to see how I’ve been doing so far this year.
I’ve definitely slowed down with buying things, compared to this time last year. At the same time I noticed myself being a lot more prone to impulse buying than I was, which isn’t so good. I’m including the items I received in my Innocent World lucky pack, as they technically are additions from the first quarter of the year, even if the pack itself was reserved still in 2016. As always, star * denotes items that have been purchased, but haven’t arrived yet.
- 3 JSKs (1 Gothic in purple, 1 Sweet in sax and 1 Classic in sax – currently selling the first one here)
- 1 OP (Sweet in red)
- 1 blouse (Classic in white)
- 1 cardigan (Sweet/Classic in red – upcycled later on)
- 3 boleros (1 Sweet in off-white, 1 Classic in ivory/off-white and 1 Sweet in brown – upcycled later on)
- 1 pair of boots* (Classic in gold)
- 1 pair of socks (Classic/Sweet in tricolour)
- 8 pieces of accessories (1 Sweet ring in pink*, 1 pair of Sweet wristcuffs in pink*, 1 Sweet brooch in pink*, 1 Classic headbow in navy, 1 Classic headbow in wine, 1 Classic hair clip in ivory x blue, 1 Classic brooch in navy, 1 Classic headbow in wine*)
- 1 wig* (long and wavy in grey)
|Click to enlarge|
|Click to enlarge|
This is still quite a lot, but compared to last year it feels a bit more timid at 20 new additions. Almost all of them were second hand purchases, some better bargains than others. Some were actually wishlist pieces (which I can now tick off) and some were bought with TPC 10 in mind already (there’ll be a post about that separately). However, they shouldn’t be one-outfit-only purchases and should work with the rest of my wardrobe.
Possible new looks
To prove that claim, here are some of the outfits that these new additions allow me to create. As the majority of them are smaller bits, the difference won’t be particularly striking, but whether you’ve been following my blog or just look at the coords below as they are, you should notice that they are more polished and complete – I couldn’t have achieved that without some of these pieces.
How to make my Lolidrobe go even further?
While I have been contemplating branching out and adding another colour to my wardrobe, it probably isn’t the best time to do that just yet. So for now the plan is to stick with my original 2017 wishlist and follow that to ensure that my wardrobe flows together cohesively.
At the same time, I would like to add some cutsews to my collection. Sometimes you really want to wear Lolita and be comfortable, and I think this would be the best way to go about that. I’ll most likely look for second hand brand or Japanese offbrand ones (like Axes Femme, Amavel or A.R.W.) since these are most likely to fit with the general Lolita aesthetic.
Without further ado then, these are the pieces that could improve my Lolidrobe at the moment:
- Brown or white/off-white x brown OTKs
- Pink headbow
- Flat boots (white?, ivory?, gold? – still haven’t figured out which colour would be most versatile for my wardrobe and I must limit myself to one pair only)
- Hoop skirt
- Pink tea parties
- White or ivory cutsews (long and short sleeve)
Current wish list
I keep adding things and taking them off as I find bits that I like (or as brands release new lovely things). But other than the dresses I listed in my 2017 wishlist, the only ones I’m thinking of getting right now are Memorial Library and Sweet Cream Princess, which I hope to catch on AP’s summer sale. Since Lolibrary isn’t fully back on, no screenshot or link this time (sorry!).
New Year’s goals: progress summary
In case you missed the edit I made to the original post, I’m not going to Japan after all this year. At this point I finally am over it, even if I’m still disappointed. The goals made with Japan in mind will have to wait for another time and in here I will only review my progress on the remaining ones.
- Did I have the agreed amount of money in my account at all times: Yes. Also, as I now have all of my dream dresses, I no longer need this much as an emergency fund (£200 would suffice now), but either way I’ve still met this goal.
- Did I try Wa-Lolita: No, not yet. Mainly out of laziness, carefully disguised under a variety of excuses.
- Have I gone to Summer ILD: No, but it’s not the time for that yet. It is however firmly in my calendar and I know the location now too!
- Did I apply to model in a Lolita fashion show: No, but I haven’t had the chance to yet. I should probably create a portfolio so that it’s ready to send off once applications do open.