Angelic Pretty in Paris

13:00:00
All hail the Lolita gods! This is an incredibly exciting piece of news regardless of anything.

Taken from AP main website.

Mid-May AP announced that they’ll be opening a shop in Paris this July, which will be celebrated with a tea party as well. As much as I’d love to go to the tea party as well (in fact I am hunting for all updates and I’ll do my best to actually go), just having the option to physically shop AP in Europe is enough to make me squeal with joy.

At first there was (and maybe still is?) confusion as to whether they’re opening a regular boutique or a pop-up shop, but on Thursday the official Facebook page was launched, where their first status suggested a permanent location, which is definitely great news. I didn’t really need any extra motivation to go back to Paris, all the museums/galleries I didn’t get to visit last time (and while I’m still of the age where I can get free entry) are reason enough, but it is a massive, massive bonus.

I wonder how much things will cost there. I understand that an overseas branch has to include shipping costs and local tax differences into account when pricing items, but I’m still curious. In all fairness, a trip to Paris to buy the slightly pricier things may still work out just the same or even better than buying from Japan (because eff you, UK customs). When I went to the Paris Baby store, the prices have shocked me a little, but at the same time, I was still a poor student then, so of course they would. As an adult working full-time I’m hoping to find Angelic Pretty price tags that little bit nicer to look at.

Anyway, I am super, super excited about this! As I said, I’ll be trying to get tickets to the tea party, it’s one of the things I’d love to do as a Lolita, plus it’d give me a better excuse to go to Paris than just shopping.

How about you? Any of you living in Europe who would be able to benefit from this grace from the Lolita gods? :P


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.