1 Dress 4 Looks Take 40

10:00:00
And on a very different side to the last one of these posts, with Meta’s Classical Sister, despite also being a long sleeve OP, I feel like I still haven’t scratched the surface of possible outfits. This is probably in big part thanks to the several detachable elements that really help in making distinctly different looks, as well as due to being a solid colour dress. And for this post I haven’t even gone particularly wild colour-wise!

Look 1: Victorian Lady

| Vierge Vampur bonnet | Angelic Pretty Lovely Ribbon OTKs | Hush Puppies boots | offbrand brooch and rings |

When using the detachable yoke and cuffs, this OP gives me very strong Victorian vibes, so I wanted to highlight those. Although the bonnet is pretty dressy, somehow this outfit still feels low-key enough to just be worn for a morning stroll around the park. Very impressed that the bonnet matches in colour this well too!

Look 2: Cosy Snowflake

| Axes Femme Snow Embroidery and Pearl cardigan | Metamorphose Snow Crystal OTKs | Irregular Choice Flickety Kiss heels | Cutie Creator headbow | offbrand necklace | vintage brooch |

Ok, but I love this? This came together so much better than I anticipated it to and I want to wear this asap! Some people were keen to bring Halloween earlier since the pandemic ruined most of the fun, but I am Team Christmas all the way! The mixed golds and silvers should bother me, but they really don’t. The silver glitter shoes end up balancing out the tiny bits of sax blue on the cardigan, whereas the golds balance each other out. Besides, don’t you think that the glittering snow shines with all kinds of colours and the mixed golds and silvers reflect that? No? Just me then. (Also, those shoes are brand new and unworn, hence they’re directly on the bed.)

Look 3: Vintage Lady

| Innocent World Origa OTKs | offbrand shoes | vintage hat and necklace | Innocent World gloves |

Hats are the new(ish) area that I’m trying to invest in and get more of, so naturally I wanted to pair this dress with this one. Who can resist the drama of some veil? Although looking at this now, I probably should’ve added something red at the top to fully balance out the colours, this would hopefully be easily rectified by either a pair of earrings (which I don’t usually photograph because effort) or red lipstick. Every vintage lady wears red lipstick!

Look 4: The High Priestess

| vintage haori | Angelic Pretty Lovely Ribbon OTKs | offbrand shoes | Cutie Creator headbow | My Inspiration necklace |

If I loved the second look here, then this one I’m obsessed with. I thought that pairing this dress with a haori could work, but I genuinely did not expect it to work this well! This coord is proof that even if the colours don’t match, if you have enough of each shade to make it look intentional, it can turn things around and make for an amazing coord. Someone give me an excuse to wear this, please!


As I said, unlike Dear Celine’s Magic Book OP, this one keeps on giving. To date I’ve only ever worn it with whites and reds/wines, now there are four more coords with those colours in my bank and if I tried, I could probably come up with a couple more. All this before I even dip my toe into layering other colours such as gold, pink, navy, brown or black. Full disclaimer, I did have a coord with black prepared for this post, but whilst I liked it, these four were simply better, so it didn’t make the cut.

4 comments:

  1. I love how different all the outfits are despite being in the same colours. You really hit gold with this dress, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This OP is definitely a giver, I'm tempted to get it in other colours (I spotted the navy one on Closet Child some time ago), but that may need to wait.

      Delete
  2. I love all of these, but the last one with the Haori is really turning it up to 11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The haori one is the one I'm most excited for, but haven't found an occasion to wear yet.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.