1 Dress 4 Looks Take 41

10:00:00

And unlike the previous one of these posts, this time we have a whole array of colours! Polonaise Brillante is honestly a dream dress, I could gush about it for hours. Sadly, it’s not one that I’ve been particularly adventurous with wearing so far and that’s not good enough. It’s time to make up for that grave oversight, starting with this post.

Look 1: Kind of Monochrome

| Fi.n.t. cardigan | AatP Lace-Up Ribbon OTKs | offbrand shoes | Angelic Pretty Classical Petit Rose headbow | detachable bow from the dress | Violet Fane Violet’s Tea Room brooch |

Whilst I have enough dark greens to make this a more proper monochrome look, I think between them the shades are ever so slightly off. Swapping for a different shade still keeps this outfit completely green, whilst reducing the worries over unmatching shades being right next to each other. This is a coord that I could easily wear casually, on a solo day out. Actually, I want to wear this on a solo date as soon as I can, this is too cute to linger in the Coord Bank Limbo for too long.

Look 2: Lavender

| Babysong Lolita blouse | Angelic Pretty Salon de The Rose OTKs | offbrand shoes | Cutie Creator headbow | detachable clip from a Chess Story blouse | Peppermint Fox brooches |

I’ve already shown that lavender and green is a good colour combination. This one may even be better than the last, since this dress does actually have some lavender flowers in the print. The florals and the apron give me country vibes, so if I ever obtain a wicker basket, I’ll be sure to add it.

Look 3: Red

| vintage blouse | Angelic Pretty Rose Lace Pattern OTKs | offbrand shoes | Cutie Creator headbow | Innocent World Strawberry Fields wrist cuffs |

These long layers with the colours give me early autumn vibes. That blouse is certainly too warm to be worn in any weather that isn’t quite chilly. Again, the outfit itself isn’t particularly elaborate, it could do with one or two more accessories, but it still lets the dress shine.

Look 4: Navy

| Chess Story The Secret Key of the Elves blouse | Metamorphose Dressy OTKs | Deary heels | Cutie Creator headbow | Jane Marple ring | offbrand necklace |

I actually had another look with blue, which is arguably more complete, but it was another casual look, so time to switch things up a little. My gut tells me that this is one of those coords that needs to be put on to fiddle with it before things click into place. It’s certainly of the fancier variety, probably could do with a more elaborate headpiece or at least a fancy hairstyle. One day I’ll put it on and see what this needs.


Whilst part of me is bothered by the fact that I only have one pair of green shoes, I know that it’s only really a “problem” in these posts. I try to stretch myself to come up with diverse looks and for the sake of colour balance I often come back to the shoes that I know work. In real life this dress will get worn with red shoes, as well as brown and maybe at some point gold. In the future I’d love to coordinate this dress also with pink and, if I ever brave adding another colour to my wardrobe, yellow. Those yellow flowers call out to me so much...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that lavender look is spectacular! I mean,t hey're all very nice but that one just speaks right to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There really is something eyecatching about the lavender one. I've tried to put my finger on it and I think it's because not only the lavender of the blouse and socks is a pretty close match to the one in the print, but also because it's such a light shade in an otherwise quite dark print. It somehow livens up all the other colours in that dress.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.