1 Dress 4 Looks Take 42

10:00:00

There aren’t that many outliers in my wardrobe, but this is certainly one of them. Angelic Pretty once more proved that they have no idea what colours are, labelling this obviously pink-toned dusty lavender as grey. Still, the tiers, the floral pattern, the sheer opulence and, most importantly, the price at the time made it hard for me to resist buying it. So far I think I’ve done well with wearing this dress in quite different ways, despite the obvious challenges. Fingers crossed I can keep this up.

Look 1: Lavenders Never Match

| Babysong Lolita blouse | Angelic Pretty Salon de The Rose OTKs | Irregular Choice Earl Grey shoes | vintage hat | Big Pink Boutique earrings | offbrand choker | handmade choker and bracelets | offbrand brooch | Peppermint Fox brooch |

Considering how I bought this blouse specifically in the hope of matching it with this dress, it’s only fair that I at least attempt to make it work. And I’m not mad at the attempt. If worn, this could end up being an off-shoulder scenario, I’m not sure yet. At least by (almost) all lavenders having pink undertones and throwing lots of pinks into the mix, the coord is cohesive enough.

Look 2: Spring Flower

| Fi.n.t. cardigan | AatP Lace-up Ribbon OTKs | offbrand shoes | Angelic Pretty Classical Petit Rose headbow | Claire’s flower clip | Enchantlic Enchantilly necklace | Peppermint Fox brooch | handmade ring |

An attempt was made to try and tone this dress down at least a touch. This level of ruffles will never be completely toned down, but it’s not as much in your face anymore. I would happily wear a coord like this for a stroll around some fancy mansion’s garden on a solo weekend outing, which is one of my levels of casual. Not much that I can say here, other than that it will be in my coord bank waiting for such an occasion to come up.

Look 3: Snowy Princess

| Lady Sloth Snowflake Lace blouse | Baroque Repose of Queen tights | Irregular Choice Flickety Kiss shoes | vintage hat and brooch | offbrand choker and ring |

Whilst my plan was to do an all-white look, I forgot that all the trims on this dress are more ivory than pure white. Because of that this ended up as more of a work in progress - I should either replace the hat (with the one from above or maybe with a gold and pearl crown) or swap the blouse for an ivory one. For now this look is just a little bit confused and while I still like the idea behind it, I would tweak it before wearing.

Look 4: Extra OT-Tea Party

| Lady Sloth Glitter Mesh blouse | overskirt from Baroque’s Repose of Queen dress | Peacockalorum underskirt and feather brooch | Irregular Choice Total Freedom shoes | Jeshii Doll bonnet | Violet Fane necklace | Gravelvet necklace | handmade ring | offbrand flower clips, earrings, remaining rings and brooches |

In an ode to this being my dress for the first OT-Tea Party I organised (and given that there won’t be one for the foreseeable future), I had a go at making an even more OTT coord with this. And I think this one is great. I’m still very mad at myself that halfway through cleaning up after taking photos I realised that I completely forgot about any kind of legwear, but I’d go with some pinks in there, either the Baroque Secret Garden tights or the AP Romantic Angel socks. Though ideally I’d like some of those partly see-through socks like BtSSB do, even better still, in the form of tights as those socks don’t stretch very well in my experience and barely reach my knee. Maybe I can find something like this offbrand…


With one exception this post also ended up showcasing my entire Irregular Choice shoe collection. But the truth is, everyone is aware of how tricky lavender is to match and I feel like this shade may be particularly so because it so desperately wants to pass as grey. I did put this with my grey blouse and socks, and they were much too cool-toned to work, making the coord look off. So for now I will have to stick to coordinating this dress with other complimenting colours and forego matching altogether.

Also, I filmed a behind the scenes video of photographing those coords, which will be up as a Patreon exclusive. So if you fancy catching that to get a bit of an extra insight into these coords and my coording process, you will find it there.
 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, beautiful, love it! This dress is so ridiculously stunning, I love it and I love how varied these coords are. Think the green one is my fave though, just love that dusty pale green shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AP did a great job with this dress and whilst they've had princessy/Rococo-style releases in the past few years, they've not done things like this one in a while, I feel. And the cardigan has done so much for my wardrobe already, I am very happy that I got it when I did.

      Delete
  2. I was so keen on the overskirt in the 4th outfit it took me a second look to notice the necklace ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I mean, the overskirt is a bigger piece, so I think most people would notice that before the necklace ^^

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.