1 Dress 4 Looks Take 49

10:00:00

Otome Nostalgia was such an instant hit for Violet Fane. I am very glad that I went with the sensible choice of getting the skirt rather than the OP because now I know just how versatile this print is. What you see here isn’t even everything that I noted down - I simply got lazy on the day and only photographed the four coords that I needed for the post.

Look 1: Preppy Autumnal

| A.R.W. blouse | Pretty Rock Baby Spring Break Upper East Side cardigan | Innocent World Belle Epoque OTKs | offbrand shoes, beret and hair clip |

This may be the one that I am most excited to wear, so keep your eyes peeled. As soon as it’s cool enough for me to do so, this is getting worn. The photo is a bit too overexposed to truly showcase this, despite my best attempts to fix that, but the green pieces really bring out the greens from the print. They’re small, but they’re there. I’d probably wear this with my red or ginger wig for that extra autumnal vibe.

Look 2: Blue Skies

| Angelic Pretty Whip Girl cutsew | Angelic Pretty Sugar Ribbon OTKs | offbrand shoes, beret and earrings | handmade hair clips | Chocomint ring | Cat Tea Party ring | Angelic Pretty Cute Ribbon wrist cuffs |

I had an idea for pairing this skirt with sax since that’s another colour that features in the print, though not too obviously. The cloud theme is mostly added because of the colour, it could just as easily have worked with something more generic like bows. Coordinating too many shades of sax is the bane of my existence, hence going down the easier route of applying a theme as the shades were already working pretty well together.

Look 3: An Attempt at Oldschool

| BtSSB 134*405 Shirring blouse | Innocent World shoes | Cutie Creator headdress | Lady Sloth brooch | Equaliteas pin | offbrand blazer and socks |

Yes, I remember that I’m selling these shoes. But until they get sold, I can still use them in flatlays. Especially since whilst I like how the blazer looks with this skirt, I doubt that I’d wear it styled in such an oldschool inspired way myself. It’s not my vibe. Though maybe? I don’t know. It’s a cool look though that I wanted to showcase.

Look 4: Hot Girl Summer

| Cat Tea Party top | Banned Retro Bella belt | Angelic Pretty Wrapping Cherry socks | Irregular Choice sandals | Cutie Creator straw hat | handmade bracelets and earrings | Cutie Craze Cafe Whipped Cream Cherry ring |

Experimental much? Definitely! Screw whether this is lolita or not, this is a fun look. Will I ever wear it? If the weather and the guts to expose this my midriff ever meet on the same day, then I might. Nothing is impossible at this point.


As I said, this is barely scratching the surface of possibilities. I had two more looks sketched out, one more along the lines of that 80s/90s retro pop I’ve been vibing with ever since I got those Irregular Choice High Score shoes, the other one leaning more vintage shoujo princess and trying something hime with pinks. Laziness was my friend that day, but hopefully one day those two will still get to happen.

2 comments:

  1. Oooof that blue coord! I mean, all of these looks are nice, but that one just hits the spot for me ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of this particular set the blue one was on my mind the longest, I think it's currently tied with that green one for the first place in the 'to be worn next' category ^^

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.