1 Dress 4 Looks Take 71

10:00:00

Let’s welcome the unknown Atelier Pierrot JSK to this post series. We wish that we knew your name, instead of having to refer to you as a Whip JSK-lookalike or just the Jane Doe of AtePie dresses, but alas, that was not to be. That being said, as you are here to replace AatP’s Rosier Fleur, we know that you are versatile. The question is – how versatile? And do we showcase that through a casual to OTT scale or through different substyles? Decisions, decisions…

Look 1: Casual Classic

| Axes Femme cutsew | Innocent World Original Lace Millefeuille bolero | offbrand tights | Hush Puppies boots | Cutie Creator Maiden’s Prayer headbow | Axes Femme brooch | handmade earrings | offbrand ring | vintage broch |

This might not seem particularly casual, but an actual super casual classic coord isn’t the most exciting flatlay to share, so for the sake of the post we are upgrading. Ivory x brown is a staple colour combo in classic lolita and the various lace elements, cameos, and generally little touches help to bring in enough interest into the coord that would otherwise be missing.

Look 2: Regular Sweet

| Niuniu’s Shop blouse | Tutuanna socks | Bodyline shoes | Cutie Creator headbow | offbrand beret and earrings | Chocomint ring | Candy Kitsch Hug Me ring | Angelic Pretty Fancy Crepe necklace | Lady Sloth My Coffee Time Cutlery brooch | Cutie Creator wrist cuffs | handmade bracelets | Banned Retro Bella belt |

Although we may associate berets with relatively more casual looks, given how much I’ve thrown at this coord, it’s fair to say that this sits closer to your average by-the-book sweet look. I contemplated doing something with pink and whilst I could, given that I have worn Rosier Fleur in the past with pink but never with sax, it felt like the right time to showcase this kind of sweet here.

Look 3: Elegant Gothic

| L’Esprit de la Noblesse Le Nuage blouse |  Naddine Atelier bow top | Annzley corset | offbrand tights, brooch, and ring | Vivienne Westwood x Melissa Anglomania shoes | Antique Beast Hecate headdress | Puvithel Crystal Heart necklace | Eulalia earrings | vintage brooch |

We all know that every time I touch gothic, it turns into classic, but run with me on this, please. I think that even though the bow top is pretty sweet, the layering effect it creates together with everything else helps sway this coord towards the gothic side. I would love to have a black lace overskirt or something like it to throw over for an extra bit of texture and colour balance, but even with things as they are, I think this is a good attempt. One that I’m actually quite excited to try out. Imagine this with a white wig too, that would really help with balancing this out.

Look 4: The Themed Wildcard

| Angelic Pretty Embroidered Turtleneck cutsew | Angelic Pretty Glitter Knit cardigan | Metamorphose Snow Crystal OTKs | Irregular Choice Fancy a Cuppa boots | Chrysanthemum’s Concerto beret | Cutie Creator headbow | XKawaiiCutieX earrings | Once Upon a Cookie Treat Jelly Cookie necklace | Candy Kitsch bracelet | Star Glazed Delights Brand Whore ring | Beckie’s Kawaii Charms ring | Trixie La Fleur Nutcracker brooch | vintage brooch |

It was still July when I was putting this post together and Christmas in July very much got under my skin (please be proud of me, I held off flipping that switch for an entire month of overcast summer!). I’ve also had these boots since like spring and obviously not had the chance to use them, whether in a flatlay or in real life, so this is the time for it. Any substyle can be made into OTT and with this post in particular, since the OTT coord was a wildcard on the substyle, the more important part was to show how easily the dress can be dressed up to those levels. And that I’m playing “Let It Snow” in the background is really no-one’s business but my own.


Obviously, these are just examples. Everything that you’ve seen me do with Rosier Fleur will work with this JSK and I have all kinds of ideas on what else I could do with it, given that I’ve been acquiring builder pieces. And if anyone manages to find what this specific JSK model is called, please, do let me know.

2 comments:

  1. This dress seems reeeally versatile, haha! The elegant gothic outfit is just too cool, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Coming from someone who actually wears gothic, this compliment means a lot <3

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.