Disneybounding Coord 4

Even though at this point I have almost decided that World Disney World for my 30th will not actually happen (too many constantly-changing variables, plus from what I’ve glimpsed the WDW experience right now is not necessarily the one that I’d been hoping to have), I will still carry on with these posts. They get me in the spirit of Disney and it’s always good to have some things decided in advance. Even if I forget about these posts until the time comes when I should post a new one and then quickly try to scramble something up.

The Character

At this point a pattern has emerged where every character that I select comes from a film that I used to own on VHS. Which I guess makes sense, those were the Disney films that have shaped me and that I’d watch practically on repeat, but it’s still an interesting observation. 101 Dalmatians wasn’t necessarily a massive favourite, but I enjoyed it a lot and it’s one that I still remember fondly. My aunt and uncle used to have a dalmatian called Pongo, who was such a sweetheart too, a gentle giant to the little me. Although this time I’m picking the film first, since bar one accessory the outfit could just be a dalmatian-inspired one, I couldn’t resist that one accessory choice to make the coord specifically Perdita-inspired. So we’re running with that.


The Outfit

| Angelic Pretty Cinema Doll JSK | offbrand blouse, tights, shoes and bracelet | Imperial Fiddlesticks Emporium headbow | Axes Femme earrings | Tiny Passering Creations The Duchess’ Tea necklace |

In place of proper spots we have dots everywhere. Truth be told, I think this outfit may be more of a case of me trying to fit a character onto a dress than the other way around. Some part of me just really loves the idea of taking Cinema Doll to Disney, that seems like the perfect print for the place, and Perdita and 101 Dalmatians fit, even though it’s technically a cat print. But this is also where the dots come in, distract folks with enough dots to ignore the cat and it’s a perfect Disneybounding outfit.

Despite my preference for open neck blouses, I am willing to overlook that for a nice sleeve and a mesh fabric.

Between Team Cotton Blouses and Team Polyester Blouses I am here to be Team Mesh Blouses. This is an offbrand one that I got off Vinted for something silly like £4 and while I haven’t had the chance to wear it yet, from the quick try on I know that I love it. It’s very comfortable, the sleeves have plenty of volume and the mesh is fine enough to be breathable but offer some warmth, whilst also thin enough to easily fit under a cardigan or a bolero. The dot pattern on it is quite fine, which I think adds to the elegance and with my skin underneath they will pop up a bit more like Dalmatian spots. And can we appreciate how the pearls on that tulle bib also fit into the polka dots everywhere theme?

I finally remembered to save one of those cardboard inserts that tights are sold with for flatlay purposes!

Considering how old and worn both of these are, they don't show it very much. Graceland is surprisingly good for a high street fast fashion shoe brand, just saying.

Legging are still a work in progress. Whilst these tights are totally an option that I might still take (unless the tights rip by the time this gets worn, which isn’t that unlikely), I have bought a pair of Angelic Pretty socks to match both this coord and this dress in general (the Colourful Polka Dot in white x black). So I will more likely wear those instead of the tights, which would make the black shoes fit a bit better. Once again I am putting two shoe choices here: a sensible one in the form of my trusted flats and a fancier one in the form of the heels. Both are from the same company (Graceland, which I believe is a Deichmann exclusive) and they’re both very comfortable, even the heels, which is why I’ve put them down as a potential option. Because they would compliment the outfit a lot more and I feel like I could potentially wear them, even around the park, and maybe take the flats with me for a change if I’d get really tired. But again, this is a problem for the (now quite distant) future.

Not actually sure if Imperial Fiddlesticks Emporium still makes/has headbows, but they are one of my most comfortable and most versatile ones.

Unless I manage to procure a polka dot headbow, this is the option I’ve gone for. It feels boring to me because in my head I always wear this dress with this headbow, though my Coords Archive actually disagrees. However, it felt preferable to another beret coord which, don’t get me wrong, berets are great and I might still take one with me just in case, but this headbow plus a victory roll is a really nice combination that would totally work with the whole outfit.

Oh this? Just something casual. You know that I'd totally be that boujie and put OTT collars on my pets then change them to match if I only could (not that we've had any luck putting any collars on Spy).

And here is the sole piece that makes this into a Perdita Disneybounding look rather than a generic dalmatian one because Perdita’s collar was light blue with a gold medallion in the animated film. My initial thought was getting some velvet ribbon in that colour to tie around my neck, which is also still a possibility, but once I remembered that I own this gorgeous piece, it seemed to fit into the overall outfit so much better. It’s elegant enough to fit with the overall classy retro vibe, it can be worn as a choker or slightly looser, and no worries of the clasp coming untied like a ribbon might. It’s also the loveliest shade of aqua blue that I could not resist.

Sometimes I wish I had two of these chunky pearl bracelets, but would that actually make me use this one more? I'm not so sure. There's something classy about having just the one.

In keeping with the Disneybounding spirit and practicality, I’ve kept accessories rather minimal in this coord. A chunky pearl bracelet and pom pom earrings add enough extra pops of ivory to brighten up the blacks, but also - they’re both just extra 3D polka dots if you think about it. Besides, a classy lady doesn’t need much, so even though I contemplated a brooch or something like this, in the end I decided that this was enough. If in the meantime I get something that might be better, it will probably mean that one of these items goes away to keep that balance.

This bow, as well as an equivalent in inverted colours, would actually be perfect for a hair accessory. I'll have to have a look for either ready made bows or for some ribbons like this.

Even the lace has bows and dots. Because once upon a time AP cared...

Let me wrap this section up with two detail shots that show off other places where there are polka dots in this dress. So that we can firmly establish that the cat on the print itself is fully secondary and that this is a 101 Dalmatians’ Perdita Disneybound.

The Park

The only WDW park that I haven’t featured yet is Hollywood Studios. And despite it being more geared towards Disney’s other acquisitions (Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel etc.), it also does have that film studio vibe to it from what I remember. And since this particular coord is so classy and retro, it inevitably makes me think of old Hollywood. There would definitely be plenty of photo ops to take advantage of there. Besides, it’s a black and ivory coord with only one pop of blue, that basically matches everything.

From what I remember, there are Hollywood stars paved in front of that building, which would be such a great photo op spot. Though it was raining the day I was there, so I didn't get to take advantage of that.

And even though my favourite Disney park ride is housed elsewhere, I think that Hollywood Studios may be my favourite park of the lot. The Star Wars section was still in its early stages when I went there, it’s expanded by now, but I enjoyed it then. And I didn’t get a chance to explore the Pixar section much back then because of who I was with - though I did get to meet Olaf, which was really fun. I’m just checking who else you could typically meet there and it is mostly Star Wars, Toy Story and the classic Disney mascots (Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy). Yeah, this outfit would be perfect for this particular park, even if none of the dalmatians are anywhere to be seen there.

Summary

  • Swap the tights for the AP Colourful Polka Dot OTKs.
  • Likely wear the heels and bring the flats for a change of shoes if needed.
  • Maybe look for a blue ribbon to wear as choker for a more casual look? (Though why would I want to make this more casual?)
  • Decide whether to use a cardigan from one of the other looks in case of cooler weather or to bring something specifically for this.


2 comments:

  1. I clicked so damn fast when I saw this pop up in my reading list - I am loving your Disneybound coords! This one is really lovely. I mean, I wouldn't have picked up the reference because I'm a bit dim like that but I think you did a great job of bringing it in and it's just a gorgeous coord regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you, I'm glad that you're enjoying them! Even though Disney trip is now postponed indefinitely, I still want to carry with these posts until the end of the year, so that I have a bunch of outfits ready to use. And in a way, it might be good that the reference got lost on you - that means that the bouncers might also not notice and that eases some of that "what if they don't let me in because I'm in lolita" anxiety.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.