Autumnal Capsule Wardrobe

10:00:00

One problem that fellow chameleons will be very familiar with is that we constantly want more. Despite having accumulated a good collection of clothes in a variety of styles, there is always another one that we don’t have yet, a mood we feel like we can’t quite channel. Whether for practical reasons (like storage) or moral ones (like trying to be mindful of our spending habits), buying extra pieces isn’t always the right thing to do. So as I am battling the mood to get more “properly” autumnal clothes into my wardrobe overall, I decided to try to combat that by putting together an autumnal capsule wardrobe out of what I have so far. Hopefully that will calm those spending urges down a little…

Unlike the previous capsule wardrobe posts, this one was not a suggestion from anyone. Rather this post is part of Bibliotheca’s monthly theme, which for September is “fall”.

THE CAPSULE

The most autumnal capsule that I could put together with what I currently own.

The immediate hurdle, which is one that’s a common theme across all of my clothes, not just the lolita ones, is that the overlap between typically autumnal colours and my wardrobe is fairly small. Yes, I have reds, golds, ivories and browns, but I’m lacking in the oranges and yellows (and to an extent in more brown pieces) that would make this capsule instantly pop as an autumnal one.

Nonetheless, considering the theme, the above selection isn’t too bad, don’t you think? By sticking to more of those coloured options over the neutral ones I think I managed to channel that seasonal feeling fairly well. Although this capsule is somewhat on the more casual side thanks to being heavier on the skirts, it isn’t lacking in fancier options and does allow for some variety between the slightly sweeter and slightly more classic looks. And in all fairness, since the seasonal mood has been gripping me, having wearable options can only be a good thing as they will hopefully allow me to indulge in that autumnal fix and feel connected to the seasons sooner rather than later.

COORDS

Metamorphose Classical Sister OP

A long sleeve OP is a staple for autumn and this one comes with the benefit of several detachable parts for that extra touch of versatility. It’s not the most exciting option here, but it’s certainly one that would make this capsule all the more wearable.

Metamorphose Gold Braid Tuck Pinafore JSK

The sole JSK of this capsule and definitely the fanciest piece here. Although thanks to being non-printed it can easily be toned down for more casual looks. I admit that the very first one appeals to me enough to want to try it out at some point.

Lady Sloth Winter Spices skirt

Despite its name, this feels like the most actually seasonal piece here. The spices printed on the skirt are ones that are used for mulling drinks, which I am already stocked up on. But, let’s get off that off-topic... My only gripe with these coords is that these aren’t particularly new to me as I’ve done variations of them before. Not that this is bad, having quick options is also important. It just means that they don’t excite me as much as some of the other ones here.

Innocent World White Double Braid Tartan skirt

These made me realise that as far as I can trace, I haven’t documented many coords with this skirt and lighter colours. Which is something I need to rectify asap because that gold cardigan looks really lovely in particular!

Violet Fane Charming Town skirt

I did try a sort of casual Victorian option with that bonnet, so that it wouldn’t be there just for the OP and the JSK, but I feel like that one may need some extra tweaking. And again, the combination of gold and brown accents is really appealing to me, I don’t think I’ve done that before, so it’s time that I try.


FINAL WORDS

The capsule is undoubtedly autumnal and fits the bill. The bigger question is: does it scratch that itch that I had? And I think the honest answer is: sort of. Doing this has given me options that I haven’t tried yet that I am excited to wear and that feel appropriately seasonal. Plus, as is often the case with these capsule wardrobes, the above examples are barely scratching the surface of what’s actually possible, there are still plenty of coords left that this could yield. But at the same time I don’t feel like the desire to go off and buy a couple of other coloured pieces (more browns and some rusty orange or red) for that full seasonal experience has actually gone away. Which means that the patient stalking and the wait continue.

2 comments:

  1. I get so much joy out of your capsules using all your own wardrobe pics! This one is very cute and super workable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Doing these with what I own definitely helps reduce the number of times I find something I like that I'd then feel compelled to get. Plus it's nice to have extra options to wear.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.