1 Dress 4 Looks Take 52

10:00:00

Again, not a dress, but I’m not changing the name just for a couple of posts. Because after some thought I decided to do these Fan+Friend shorts separately, so we’re looking at the ivory ones now and the black ones next month. The coord ideas for both will be pretty interchangeable, but the two colours give them distinct enough vibes that it just makes sense to have two posts.

Look 1: Cupid

| Laura Ashley blouse | Snag Sweetheart tights | offbrand shoes, rose clips and bracelet | handmade wing clips | Rose Marie Seoir necklace | Patisserie Pink Lock and Key brooch |

Kicking things off with something very romantic and yet very wearable. I’m totally seeing this with some sort of a short blonde curly wig and lots of blush for ultimate cupid vibes. Though with less blush, as I said, this is still very wearable and pretty chill, especially given the comfort level of these shorts. Definitely one that I look forward to wearing at some point.

Look 2: Chocolate

| Axes Femme blouse | Angelic Pretty Odekake Ribbon OTKs | Sosic Shop heels | offbrand beret | Wonderbox Designs rosette | Lady Sloth Winter Spices necklace | Innocent World Chiffon wrist cuffs | Twinkle Kitty Boutique rings |

Sort of sticking to a vaguely Valentine’s Day theme, this one’s for the chocolate lovers. Pretty simple again, though definitely with room to be dressed up if required. I would love to see how this blouse and these shorts work together. The shorts are very voluminous, while the blouse is practically a tent unless cinched in somewhere, so there could be room for some fun billowing effects.

Look 3: Kai

| Axes Femme cardigan | Metamorphose Snow Crystal OTKs | Irregular Choice Total Freedom shoes | vintage hat | Celestial Castle hair clip | Bibelot Rose necklace | Sweet Dolly House brooch |

In case you’re unfamiliar with the story, Kai was the brother who was kidnapped by the Snow Queen in Hans Christian Andersen’s tale. This would obviously be something she’d make Kai wear mid-kidnapping and since we know that I love a snowflake motif, it’s safe to say that I vibe a lot with this. The shoe alternative would be my ivory short boots with the fur toppers, but I couldn’t be bothered to get them out for the flatlay, plus the more pure white shade of these ones balances out the more pure white shade of the cardigan against all of those ivory tones.

Look 4: Punk

| offbrand cutsew, blazer and hat | BtSSB Border OTKs | Hush Puppies boots | Lady Sloth brooch | Fluffy Tori patch | Annie’s Flower brooch |

Finishing this set out outfits with one for the more punky lads out there. I am still not entirely convinced that punk lolita or ouji work, the lolita/ouji aesthetic feels too clean for the messy chaos that punk thrives on, but it is a catchy label. Though the upside of that is that the outfit straddles the line between being alternative and still somehow vaguely professional, so who knows, maybe one deal I’ll like wear it to work or something?


I certainly did not set out on having this post be so heavy on sweet looks. However, whilst I am still here with my Tudor ouji goals overall, it is good to remind myself that these shorts are with me to stay and that they can carry more than just one look. All of these can be dressed down and made more comfortable, which may turn out to be the options that I need for when their wear time comes. Because as fun as Tudor ouji is, it just isn’t always the most practical thing out there - but these shorts don’t live by such strict rules.

2 comments:

  1. Excuse me, but snowflake ouji Paulina is now a look that I DEMAND to see worn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is more than doable, I'm sure there'll be a way to squeeze that in somehow!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.