1 Dress 4 Looks Take 66

10:00:00

You know, I can’t actually remember what drew me to this Lilith’s Collection skirt from Wonderland Ukiyoe. Obviously something because I bought it, but the entire time of waiting for the preorder to be ready I kept wondering whether I had actually given in to an impulse, despite having very tangible proof that I dd not. There was definitely an element of me buying into the fantasy that the beautiful model pictures sold me. Yet whenever I looked at the pictures, I would catch that moment of understanding, of seeing the thread of thought that I had. It grew stronger once the skirt actually arrived and I could marvel at how beautifully made it is (and it's SO heavy!). This could turn out to be another one of those surprise items that I wear frequently thanks to how easy to coord they are. And this post may could very well be the start of that.

Look 1: Casually Feminine

| Axes Femme top | AatP Lace-Up Ribbon OTKs | Laura Ashley shoes | Angelic Pretty Classical Petit Rose headbow | Enchantlic Enchantilly necklace | Violet Fane brooch |

Pink and green is one of my favourite colour combinations. And whilst this skirt can get quite fancy, being able to tone it down is quite important to me. This coord is a combination of these two sentiments and seeing it come together like this is inspiring me to wear it ASAP. The dusty tones make me so happy!

Look 2: Shōwa Period

| Millefleurs Georgette blouse | vintage haori | Angelic Pretty Salon de The Rose OTKs | Hush Puppies boots | MandaRin hat | offbrand flower clip and brooch | vintage brooch | My Inspiration necklace |

Even though this coord it’s not a traditional lolita shape, I think the length of this skirt will lend itself perfectly for a wa look. This would no doubt look better worn than flat, but the flatlay still manages to convey enough of a vibe. Not sur what I’d wear this to, probably a more relaxed meetup - hopefully an occasion will present itself.

Look 3: Green Monochrome

| Axes Femme cutsew | Innocent World Short Boots OTKs | offbrand shoes and beret | Angelic Pretty Classical Petit Rose headbow | Rose of Sharon brooch | vintage earrings | Grand Embassy button badge | Metamorphose wrist cuffs |

Leaning a little bit more into the historybounding vibe of the skirt, I tried an all-green look with this cutsew which also has that historybounding feel to it. There are like a dozen shades of green here, but since except the beret and shoes they’re mostly cool tones the coord ends up working quite well. I do feel like a fancier hat would be more hisotrybounding appropriate, however I’m not sure if I’m ready to embrace the green in my wardrobe enough to get a hat just yet.

Look 4: Cottagecore

| Stroje.pl blouse | handmade apron | BtSSB Polonaise Brillante OTKs | offbrand boots with green laces | Dreamy Bows floral headband | Le Petit Four ring | Tea and Paintwater brooch |

This may actually be the fantasy that I want to live, the one that Wonderland Ukiyoe has sold me on and that got me to buy the skirt. And it is also why we love solid coloured pieces, they carry these various ideas so well. This coord would be really fun to play with the textures through all the parts that I could gather and have higher or lower than the other ones. All that is missing are braids in my hair.


Even just planning these coords has gotten me excited to wear this skirt. Especially the first and last looks. But as usual, this post only scratches the surface of possibilities and I am very excited to explore the rest.

4 comments:

  1. As usual, all looks are great but that Cottagecore one is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those ivory vs white bits bother me a little, but I reckon once it was worn, it would look great, I'm so going to wear that (though probably more like spring time).

      Delete
  2. I love all coords. This skirt is stunning, the green looks great in every colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This skirt really is great, I should wear it again soon (last time I did someone said that it'd be perfect for Christmas coord and that thought is itching to materialise into reality).

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.