1 Dress 4 Looks Take 54

10:00:00

I’m not sure if I mentioned it anywhere (I probably have), but I decided that I wanted this skirt, which is BtSSB’s Dreaming Sherbet, after casually browsing Lolibrary in search of inspiration for a capsule wardrobe that hasn’t happened (yet). And it popped up on Fril or something not too long after for a reasonable price, so I got it. It turned out to be a perfect thing for summer, a perfect thing to use as an underskirt, and a perfect thing for comfort - an all round winner. Pieces like that deserve to be celebrated, so here we go!

Look 1: Pink Cutie

| Dear Celine Polka Dot Waltz blouse | offbrand socks and hair clips | Metamorphose shoes | Angelic Pretty Dolly Chiffon headbow | Dear Celine badge | Angelic Pretty Milky Candy brooch | Angelic Pretty Logo Ribbon Charm wrist cuffs |

Something simple and pretty traditionally sweet lolita to kick the post off with. What I love about this outfit, which you can sort of just about make out on the photo, is how both the blouse and the skirt have this raised dot texture to their respective fabrics. It means that what could otherwise have been a pretty solid coord suddenly gains a new level of depth. If I were to wear this, and one day I genuinely might, the Milky Candy brooch would probably go somewhere around the waist, I like wearing it around that area, it spices an outfit up even more.

Look 2: Botany Student

| Axes Femme blouse | Fi.n.t. cardigan | AatP Lace-Up Ribbon OTKs | Bodyline shoes | Cutie Creator headbow | offbrand earrings | Tiny Passerine Creations necklace | Le Petit Four ring | Violet Fane brooch |

I guess this would also fall under light academia or Ghiblicore? It definitely gives me those sort of vibes, that person with a book full of nature sketches, whose hair is always a little messy and cheeks a bit redder from the wind, who has an endless supply of tea for whoever might be visiting and who will greet their guests with a quick ‘sorry for the mess’. That’s this person’s outfit.

Look 3: Japanese Summer

| vintage haori | offbrand obi and socks | Irregular Choice sandals | Cutie Creator hat | Pink Up Fanny’s Dressing Table hair clip | handmade earrings and bracelets |

The obligatory more experimental look, this time taking the form of wa lolita. Like with many of these more experimental looks, I think that this could work when worn. Obviously then there would be something underneath the haori, but to me these layers could work. And now that I look at it, maybe I’d swap the red earrings for the short red wig and bring some colour balance up top that way. But it’s another one of those ‘slice of life anime protagonist’ outfits and it’s why I like it as much as I do.

Look 4: Fancying It Up

| Millefleurs Georgette blouse | Miss Point corset | AatP Arabesque OTKs | Sosic Shop shoes | Manda Rin Designs hat | Innocent World Organdy Bow Rose clip | Tiny Passerine Creations Duchess’ Tea parure | vintage brooch |

And wrapping the post up on an obligatory ‘let’s make a casual thing fancy’ coord. Which I am also very pleased with. As usual with sax blues and mints, none of these colours really match, but they are separated enough and there are enough of them that it ends up working together rather than against each other. My original plan for this outfit was to whip out the Triple Fortune bonnet, which would also be nice, but it could also have ended up being a bit too overpowering (unless I maybe added an underskirt too or something else to add more volume or bulk to the coord). However, I have opened up my EGL UK Secret Santa present literally minutes before I started taking photos for the post and this hat was too perfect not to use - so it got its first feature literally from the moment it came out of the giftwrap.


Of course, this skirt will also have plenty of casual options to explore, which will likely get worn before any of the above looks get to see the light of day. But as usual, it’s nice to have those options in the bank, for when I feel uninspired or just want something a little different. And even though more casual options will likely happen first, I do genuinely look forward to getting a chance to wear all of these outfits at one point or other.

3 comments:

  1. I love literally all four coords - normally I have a distinct fave or two but nope, these ones are all winners in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I feel kind of the same, these are all getting me excited to wear them and I couldn't pick a favourite amongst them even if I had to.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the frilly ultra-feminine appearance of that BtSSB Dreaming Sherbet skirt!!!!!!
    My favourite 2 looks out of the 4 beautiful outfits you assembled are:
    Look 1 (Pink Cutie) featuring the pretty pink Dear Celine Polka Dot Waltz blouse, and;
    Look 4 (Fancying It Up) featuring the Millefleurs Georgette blouse.
    I love your fashion taste!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.