Wish/Need/Replace List of 2020

10:00:00

The format of a wish/need/replace list worked quite well for me last year. Clearly distinguishing what I simply fancy, what might actually be useful and what I should get rid of to get a better version of it helped me keep focus. At least for some parts of the year. The point is, I’m continuing with that format, so let’s stop dawdling and get right into it.


Replace

A few of these are unfinished replacements from last year. The rest are new bits which, upon doing my wardrobe post for this year, I realised I wanted better versions of.

  • Navy bonnet – I’ve gotten rid of mine, but haven’t found a new one I liked yet
  • Sweet pink headbow – as above, although I’d probably expand this into just a pink headbow I general (Im also considering crafting one, if I can decide on a style)
  • Classic pink bolero – I have one from BtSSB, but I’m not happy with the fit. However, I will only replace it if I can find the Innocent World Millefeuille one in pink at a good price.
  • Wine red heels the ones I have from Innocent World are too themed with that strip of card suits and I could do with something sleeker and more classic. I will likely get some offbrand ones to ensure colour matching.
It's not a lot, but these would be quite meaningful replacements.
All photos from Lolibrary and Pinterest, I do not own.

Need

Those are also getting fewer and smaller – which is great, that’s what a diverse wardrobe should be like. Nonetheless, some of these have been on this list for literal years without any success. Will 2020 be any different? Only time will tell.

A wine bonnet

This is the main one that I seem to be unable to find. I’m beginning to wonder whether I am being too picky or whether these really don’t pop up a lot. If you know of any indie brands that do custom made bonnets, preferably for under £100, let me know, please!

Still looking. I almost bought a 3F one in Holland, but the
shade was completely wrong.
Photo from Pinterest.

A round/square neck princess sleeve blouse in wine

I decided that I’d like to have the same kind of set in wine like I do in navy. I already own a high neck long sleeve blouse, but a round or square neck one with princess or bell sleeves proves incredibly elusive. Something like the navy Chess Story blouse I have would be great, but I haven’t seen anything like it. I’ve been contemplating ordering a custom one from Glitter Tale, but I’m on the fence about it given the cost and that I never had a chance to feel the chiffon they use. I’d rather have something ready-made for a bit less. Dear Chinese brands, can we make 2020 the year of wine coloured blouses, please?

Not getting this blouse in all the colours is a genuine
regret of mine. I've even checked all the resellers, but alas.
Photo from Lolibrary.

A classic navy necklace

My last attempt failed and while I know that I could simply order again, avoiding my previous mistake, I’d rather look elsewhere and keep that as a final solution. Particularly as classic jewellery also means lots of options open for vintage and offbrand, so the cheapskate in me wants to look there first, while my lazy side is like nah, we cant be bothered to actually look now.

I found this completely by chance when looking through Lolibrary.
But this would work quite well? I feel like Michal Negrin does similar
style jewellery and isn't too pricey on Closet Child.
Photo from Lolibrary.


A classic navy ring

Similarly, I need at least one ring in navy to match my wardrobe. For someone with as much navy as I own, it’s surprising how little jewellery I have in that colour. I have been looking, particularly at vintage fairs, but this one proves tricky to find. Or maybe I really am picky...

This is nice, though I'm not fussed on which brand the ring comes from.
Or even if it is branded. As long as it's navy (x gold) and classic.
Photo from Lolibrary.


Classic grey legwear

I have a grey blouse, as well as a few dresses that would match it. Grey tights or OTKs would complete my colour blocked coord. Something with a neutral or simpler pattern would be best and whilst I may look at silver bits, a non-metallic might be better. If the Red Maria tights came in grey, they’d be perfect. Part of me is tempted to get them in black, since the colour will stretch and fade regardless – though that still doesn’t guarantee a close enough colour match.

This is a darker (and warmer?) grey than what I'd like, although it might stretch out to what I want. Do I risk it though?
Photo from Wunderwelt Fleur.

Navy or navy x gold beret

At some point in 2019 I realised that whilst I have a navy beret, its actually more of a deep blue and the white x red trim restricts how I can wear it. Of course, for may of my looks this is exactly the beret that I need, but sometimes a plainer style would be much better. Im torn whether to get just a navy beret or whether to get one with gold embellishments (either made by me or bought like this). Part of me enjoys the idea of a plain beret that can be accessorised as needed, whilst the other part is lazy and wants something ready-made. I guess with how inexpensive berets are, I could do both: get two of the same beret, embellish one and keep the other one plain. Doesnt that seem a tad excessive though? Or am I overthinking this?

The idea of a versatile beret really appeals to me and at the same time I wonder if I'm not too lazy for that.
Photo from LolitaStyleFashion[dot]com.


Wish

This is always the most fun part of the list. These are the pieces that I am actively looking for and have a guilt-free pass to buy as soon as I find them. I realise that some of them are available directly from the brands to purchase right now and so for the sake of clarity, I’m colour coding them to designate priority. Those with a red dot are the highest priority, where price doesnt matter, while yellow and green dots indicate the budget I set myself for those: yellow for higher and green for lower.

Click on the image to enlarge. All photos from Lolibrary, I do not own.

Red

  • Metamorphose Gold Braid Tuck Pinafore JSK in wine
  • Metamorphose Airline JSK in white x orange or navy x white (I might actually prefer the white x orange? Definitely not because I want to match my boyfriend in his work uniform) - would prefer this with the matching cap and scarf
  • Mary Magdalene Arabesque Rose JSK in ivory
  • Mary Magdalene Deborah Doll JSK in wine

Yellow

  • Angelic Pretty Antoinette Decoration Bustier JSK in ivory
  • Innocent World Cool Rose JSK in ivory x wine
  • Millefleurs Georgette blouse in pink
  • Angelic Pretty Dolly Damask JSK in wine

Green

  • BtSSB’s Antoinette Bouquet JSK 2012 release in wine
  • Angelic Pretty Princess Cat tiered JSK in wine
  • Knight Night The Secret of Kells JSK in red
  • Angelic Pretty’s Fantastic Dolly JSK in red (the original release)


What would you like to focus on in 2020? Will you be replacing pieces? Filling in the gaps? Or will you follow your heart and hunt down all of those dream pieces?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.