1 Dress 4 Looks Take 36

10:00:00

Cinema Doll is an absolutely dreamy piece that I am so, so glad I caved in and bought. While it didn't have a dream dress status prior to my buying it, it certainly got it once it arrived. There's not a single thing I dislike about it and I was very excited to put these four coords together with it.

Look 1: Summer Stroll

| Innocent World bolero | Deary heels | Tutuanna socks | vintage hat and gloves | offbrand rings and bracelets |
When I think of ladies going for a leisurely stroll during the summer, this is what I envision them wearing. I am currently having somewhat of an obsession with gloves and hats, so expect to see more than just these ones. It’s simply a perfect look that allows you to look elegant without overheating. Of course, a parasol would be a must, I just forgot to take it out for the photo (I forgot the bag too, which would’ve tied the navy accents a little bit more too).

Look 2: Autumn Stroll

| vintage jacket and gloves | Angelic Pretty Cinema Doll OTKs | Vivienne Westwood x Melissa Anglomania heels | Imperial Fiddlesticks headbow | Larme x Eat Me bow | Voodoodolly ring | Axes Femme brooch |
A lady has to have some seasonal alternatives. Swap the light ivories with a touch of navy for a classic black, and replace light layers with thicker velvets and cottons, and you can continue elegantly strolling through your local park. I'm also very much embracing the less is more approach with Cinema Doll so far. The fact that you don’t need a lot to really help this print pop makes it so easy to wear.

Look 3: Winter Stroll

| Lady Sloth Glitter Mesh blouse | Metamorphose Snow Crystal OTKs | Angelic Pretty Elegant Doll boots | vintage hat and brooch | Peacockalorum muff | offbrand capelet and boot toppers |
Clearly we keep on strollin' – or more like undressing after the stroll since there are not enough layers here to provide actual warmth for winter. My first thought was to use the white boots, since I know that they work, but somewhere along the way I landed on the gold blouse, so I quickly swapped the boots to add more golds. The furs don't all match in tone with each other, but between the ivories and whites in this coord overall, I think they work well enough. Though I would like a nicer capelet, this one was a cheap buy and it really shows.

Look 4: Lady Grey

| offbrand blouse and jewellery | Jane Marple socks | Irregular Choice Earl Grey heels | vintage hat |
Lastly, once the lady tires of strolling, she enjoys a relaxing afternoon tea with some delicate pastries and a cup of a refreshing lady grey tea (which I wish I had right now, but I don't). Besides, these shoes are absolutely NOT made for walking, only for sitting elegantly and looking fabulous. I wish I had grey or maybe very pale pink gloves to really complete this. However, I am ecstatic about how exactly the grey socks and the grey blouse match, just perfect!


This post may not be my usual stretch in terms of exploring the coording possibilities of a dress – and that’s fine. For once I don't think that's necessary and overcomplicating things would detract from how gorgeous this print is. Of course, if the occasion ever calls for it, I'm sure I'll put together something whimsically OTT with Cinema Doll, but for now it doesn't need that.

Also, this post was originally destined for publication in April, however, I really wanted to include this last outfit, which meant waiting for the socks to arrive. At the same time, there were plenty enough topics in April to be getting on with, so it's not that big a deal. And the wait feels worth it because this may be the happiest I've been with a 1 Dress 4 Looks post in a while, not a single outfit I'd want to do some major improvements on.


4 comments:

  1. I love all these coords! Normally there's a clear standout look for me but all of these are just so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same. You're not supposed to have a favourite amongst your own children (lol), but usually I do - and this time I really don't. I want to wear every single one of these outfits and then put together some more!

      Delete
  2. Cinema Doll is one of those prints I think you can use in almost any style when well combined! And you did an absolutely great job with these 4 looks! My favourite is the last one, maybe becaouse of the dramatick twist in our strolling story <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! A friend has it in grey and it fits her gothic wardrobe just perfectly. Haha and you know, no-one can stroll forever, sometimes you just get tired. Or, as is the case now, your 1 hour of a government allocated walk just ends :P

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.