Whoa, August flew by in a flash! And half of it was too hot for clothes, let alone frills. It’s such a slim showing this month, though hopefully it makes up for it in quality.
*~*~*~*
Coord 1: The One that Didn’t Make It
 |
| | Haenuli Whipped Cream Kitty JSK | Ank Rouge cutsew | offbrand jacket, beret, and brooch | Angelic Pretty Alphabet Marine OTKs | Sosic Shop shoes | Two Days Slow hair clips | vintage necklace | Sweet Dolly House Cookie Bon Bon ring | |
 |
| This month was a lot about experimenting with where to put my blush and mixing various ones together. |
 |
| Trying really hard not to make this detail shot look too aggressive lol. |
This is the coord that I was going to squeeze into July, but had no energy for. The weather had cooled down to downright chilly, making me grateful for the bomber jacket. Since the coord was put together to tick these socks off my ‘wear every pair of legwear’ list for 2026, I wanted to do tricolour but where the red is the accent colour, not white, with blue being dominant. And I think I accomplished that. I will definitely be parting with these socks though, they are more of a struggle to coord than they should be and will only get more so as I delve more and more into greens/red/white over blue/red/white for my overall wardrobe.
*~*~*~*
Coord 2: A Half Day and Errands
 |
| | HeartE Tartan JSK | Ank Rouge cutsew | Metamorphose Cyber Neon Girl jacket | Innocent World Shanti OTKs | Hot Chocolate Design shoes | offbrand hat | Promised Land Creations pendant | |
 |
| Never have I ever taken coord shots before leaving for work before. |
 |
| Every now and then I think to myself that I should get more small pendants like this, try to engage in a bit of subtlety. As you can imagine, that day is yet to come. |
I took a half day off work to go visit a venue for a future event, as well as do some further errands. Between that and the mild weather I braved putting on something more traditionally frilly for those 4 hours at the office for the sake of the hours after that. It feels like I barely wear this JSK with anything else but this hat and shoes, but don’t blame me when the combo really works so well with the more casual cut.
*~*~*~*
Coord 3: Been a While
 |
| | Metamorphose Lovely Forest skirt | Axes Femme cutsew | Banned Retro cardigan | Angelic Pretty Twinkle Carnival OTKs | Sosic Shop shoes | Chrysanthemum’s Concerto beret | handmade earrings | offbrand brooch | Lady Sloth Winter Spices necklace | vintage bangles | Angelic Pretty Melty Ribbon Chocolate ring | |
 |
| I know it doesn't look like much, but this is my favourite no-makeup-look lipstick, it really looks like you're not wearing anything, except somehow better. |
 |
| Still glad that the seller was happy to split their mixed sets of these bangles so that I could get two in the same colour. And the lighting here really shows off the irridescence. |
The two weeks of hot weather and/or low energy between this coord and the previous one felt like a lifetime. Something actually clicked into place when I dressed up to work from home, like a part of myself had returned. When looking for inspiration for styling this skirt, my eyes gravitated towards the blues in the print and I wanted to highlight them more. Whilst the
Twinkle Carnival OTKs are a massive thematic stretch (deer are sort of ponies of the forest), this probably was the best time to wear and tick them off the list for this year. It’s also likely time for me to part with these OTKs too, I’ve been growing a little pile of socks to sell, which will eventually go up on Lacemarket. So if you’ve been looking for these, keep an eye out.
*~*~*~*
Coord 4: RHS Bridgewater
 |
| | BtSSB Polonaise Brillante ~ Ideas of a Maiden ~ Apron JSK | offbrand blouse, shawl, earrings, hair clips, ring, and bracelets | Innocent World Belle Epoque OTKs | Modo Prayer Poem shoes | Wax Poetic necklace | Dentelles brooch | Le Petit Four ring | |
 |
| The selfie to show off more of the makeup and a little bit of the braid, not so much the hair clips. |
 |
| Especially as I just had two more of those in my hair and this one you can actually see better. |
Earlier that month hit 20 years since I moved to the UK. I admit that I forgot the exact date, just remembered the rough whereabouts, but my Dad kindly sent me a reminder. But in celebration of that, I threw a really chill meet to visit RHS Bridgewater, so that I’d have an excuse both to visit again and to wear my Polish Dress from Baby. It’s not the most Polish coordinate possible, but I quite like how it’s still very folky with that touch more historical vibe thanks to the shawl. It worked together well
and ended up being a nice nod to the blend of my heritage and current home country. We had a great time in the gardens, were obviously the favourites of every elderly patron there, as well as the staff, and lucked out with the weather being just right for frills.
*~*~*~*
Coord 5: Super Sweet
 |
| | Innocent World Revival Sweet Teddybear JSK | Niuniu Shop blouse | Angelic Pretty Ladder Ribbon OTKs | Irregular Choice Flickety Kiss shoes | Red Maria headbow | handmade earrings and bracelets | Angelic Pretty ribbon as choker | Angelic Pretty Milky Candy brooch | BtSSB Merry Sweet Cake ring | star Glazed Delights Brandwhore ring | Angelic Pretty Logo Ribbon Charm wrist cuffs | Banned Retro Bella belt | |
 |
| I should know by now to trust the process, but we all forget sometimes. |
 |
| I think the last time this brooch was out must've been for one of the Around Your Wardrobe in 30 Coordinates prompts. Which goes back a while now. |
A WFH Wednesday met this dress not being worn in a long time and these OTKs being the only ones of the unworn pairs that’d match. Full disclosure, not only I was worried about all these completely unmatching shades of sax and mint (yup, there are both), but I also had a moment of dread when putting this on of it being so much traditionally sweeter than what I aim for these days. And then I put on blush and a fake fringe, and suddenly it all clicked into place. It still is significantly traditionally sweeter than what I would’ve done without my self-imposed challenges – but I also looked in the mirror and felt cute, if a little bit like someone else (there was a moment when the fringe went on that I caught a split second glimpse of Misako in myself). And it was nice to use this coord as an excuse to bring out some other accessories that I don’t really wear that much like this headbow and the
Milky Candy brooch. Of course, most of it went off after photos so that I could do things like make myself lunch without the sensory faffery, but not quite as immediately as I’ve done with some other coords.
*~*~*~*
I have an afternoon tea planned for this Sunday, which I am very much looking forward to, but that obviously wouldn’t have made it to this post. August was a real blip of a month, simultaneously so long and going by in a flash. I look forward to having more of this cooler weather, but I also know better than to count on the weather in this country. But please, it is autumn soon and I wish to wear knitwear!
No comments: