1 Dress 4 Looks Take 44

10:00:00

Bubble Bath is an incredible print, one of the best ones that Metamorphose has ever put out, if I dare be so bold. Yet considering how on paper it should fit into my wardrobe’s sweeter side pretty well, it turned out to be more challenging than I anticipated. I’m not sure if it’s the skirt being shorter than I thought or if it’s the sax blue being much more of a mint shade, suffice to say that I struggled to coord it in noticeably different ways. At the same time, I’m not ready to part with it, so while one day I may swap it for the JSK in hopes for the best, for now I’m determined to push through the challenge and create something fun.

Look 1: Typical Sweet

| Metamorphose lucky pack blouse | Metamorphose Heart Ladder Lace OTKs | Bodyline shoes | Angelic Pretty Diner Doll headbow | Angelic Pretty Cute Ribbon wrist cuffs | Dear Celine badge | Twinkle Kitty Boutique ring |

Let’s get the obvious out of the way, because it’s actually a look that I haven’t worn myself yet. Precisely since it’s such an obvious one, which doesn’t make it any less valid. I’m hiding al the different shade mismatches by spacing them out as much as possible and working with white as my neutral base. It’s a very simple look and something about its simplicity makes me think of summer. Fuss-free, light fabrics, yet still cute enough for a gal on the go.

Look 2: Another Pastel

| Babysong Lolita blouse | Metamorphose Lace-up Bouquet OTKs | Sosic Shop heels | Angelic Pretty Sweet Cream Princess headbow | Madillustration brooch | offbrand macaron earrings |

Since I already invested in some lavender blouses, I feel the urge to get the most out of them. Again, I’m hoping that by spacing the lavenders out, the shade difference wouldn’t be quite so obvious when worn, though in this case, since we’re dealing with a warm and a cool tone, it is more noticeable. The sad part is that I had the right pair of socks in my Wunderwelt cart once upon a time, but dawdled for too long and missed out. Still, whilst there isn’t really any lavender in this skirt, sticking to a pink-based lavender seems to work. Not sure how this would turn out on a body, considering the sheerness of this blouse, but I’m also unsure if or when would I wear this, so for now it lingers in limbo.

Look 3: Classy Bath

| Angelic Pretty Romantic Bright blouse | Red Maria tights | Irregular Choice Earl Grey shoes | Pink Up Fanny’s Dressing Table hair clip | vintage necklace | Madillustration brooch | handmade ring | offbrand belt |

Inspired by what my friend put together for me with this skirt and shoes back in October. The entire “bath but make it a fancy boudoir bath” take is still blowing my mind and I wanted to push that idea further into the fancy territory. I’ve also utilised the same ‘keep the blouse untucked’ trick as I did in July, but truth be told I’m not 100% sure if it’d work as well in this case. It seems fine on the flatlay, but this blouse has a tendency to sit weird on me because of how it’s constructed. Still, the theory of it is cute, so I’ll certainly reach for this look at some point.

Look 4: Sweet Treats

| BtSSB Tulle Lace Round Collar cutsew | Angelic Pretty Odekake Ribbon OTKs | Bodyline shoes | Cutie Creator headbow | Mojiangxiaopu hair clip | Angelic Pretty Fancy Crepe necklace | Axes Femme earrings | Milkribbon Butterkeks brooch | Chocoming ring | Twinkle Kitty Boutique ring |

When I think of sweet lolita, I inevitably think of food themes. I’ve already tested this skirt with light browns, now I wanted to do something similar in a more cookie theme that incorporates some darker tones. This may be the look that I am most happy with here, though that’s probably because it’s the most complete of the four, the least of a work in progress. It should be pretty comfy too, so depending on when I get round to wearing this skirt next, it may be this outfit that I use - unless another idea pops into my head.


As I said, despite not expecting it to, Bubble Bath ended up being part of my small handful of outlier pieces. And just like the other ones, I’m bending over backwards to make it work. I should probably commit to buying some more pieces to go with it, if I’m not going to swap it for the JSK cut. At the same time, part of me is enjoying the challenge, being forced to think outside the box each time I reach for this skirt. So whilst the four looks above might not show that off best, it’s because I’m still looking for those new angles and viewpoints with which to look at it.

And if any of you ever spot the pinafore JSK cut (the one with the fancy boatneck collar) in this colourway, do let me know, please. ;)

2 comments:

  1. These are all really cute, but I especially love the last two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're certainly the more memorable of the four here, I think. Although dang it, I do really want the lavender one to work one day ^^""

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.