1 Dress 4 Looks Take 55

10:00:00

Whilst I may have wanted a red gingham dress for its most typical look, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t others that I would like to do. And Chrysanthemum’s Concerto’s Lost in the Garden of Eden is the perfect blend of simple yet with detail, which lends itself well to a bunch of different looks. I’ve already proved that it can also be worn in a wintery way [], so here’s some more potential looks that it could do.

Look 1: Trad Country

| BtSSB 134*405 shirring blouse | Angelic Pretty Wrapping Cherry socks | Irregular Choice sandals | Cutie Creator hat | handmade necklace, earrings and bracelets | Twinkle Kitty Boutique rings | apron from BtSSB’s Polonaise Brillante JSK |

First we gotta get the obvious out of the way. Some part of my brain wanted to do full on gingham on gingham, and with these socks having a gingham ribbon on them and my gingham crop top it would have been possible, but I’ll save that for another time. This one is just your typical red gingham coord, the traditional country look with a straw hat and simple accessories. I’m still searching for a basket or a basket bag.

Look 2: Sort of 90s

| Nile Perch cutsew | offbrand jacket, shoes, hair ties and earrings | Angelic Pretty Diner Doll OTKs | Sweet Dolly House necklace | Dream Masquerade Carnival pin | Fluffy Tori pin |

This, on the other hand, is certainly less traditional for a red gingham JSK, at least within lolita fashion. But that’s why this outfit gets me all excited to wear it! It’s fun, it’s not serious, it’s comfortable and casual, it’s just the right kinds of retro and sweet that I’ve been into since around last year. Give me an occasion to wear this out somewhere, please!

Look 3: Elegant

| vintage jacket, gloves and necklace | MuFish tights | Vivienne Westwood x Melissa Anglomania shoes | Eat Me x Larme hair tie | My Inspiration brooch | offbrand earrings |

Not the typical sort of style to go for with gingham, but in its own weird way it works? Granted, this is definitely a coord that needs a hat, which I don’t have, not in red or black, so the hair tie is the next best thing that I could get. But red and black is never a bad colour combination, which is all I needed, really. Not sure where I’d wear it though, it’s sort of straddling that boundary between daywear and eveningwear. So I guess… cocktails?

Look 4: Sweet as Pie

| DreamV cutsew | Angelic Pretty Odekake Ribbon OTKs | Bodyline shoes | Chrysanthemum’s Concerto Lost in the Garden of Eden headbow | Beholder Fashions Apple Pie headdress | Once Upon a Cookie Treat Jelly Cookie necklace | Sweet Dolly House Cookie Bon Bon ring | Angelic Pretty Melty Ribbon Chocolate ring |

Truth be told, I just really wanted to put this apple pie headdress with this, but without going for anything too baker-ish with aprons and stuff. So instead I went a more chocolate way and whilst I’m not completely sold on this, I don’t think this needs more than a few minor tweaks. The two square necklines of the JSK and the cutsew should work really nicely, so if I can either add something light at the top or find darker brown sweet legwear to balance out the colours a little bit more evenly, I think this would be it.


As is often the case, there were a few looks which did not make the cut. Which only goes to show how versatile this dress is. Although my plan for this year is to divide some of my wardrobe into seasonal bits, where this would certainly get confined to being a spring/summer dress, this won’t happen straight away due to needing to sort out storage, so until then maybe I’ll manage to squeeze in a few of those less seasonal coords with this dress in. We’ll see.

4 comments:

  1. The little apron in the country coord is too perfect, it makes me very happy.

    And big yes for 90s vibes (though I totally want you to wear this with one of those big more 80s style super high ponytails!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Google! Add colourful scrunchies to my shopping list ;)

      I am on the lookout for an apron that I can actually tie around anything, since this one has buttons on the dress it originally went with to attach it to it. I know that I could probably make one quite easily, but let's face it, I'm lazy and likely will not do it

      Delete
  2. Those combos are so unexpected! :D Especially second and third, I haven´t seen this in lolita yet. I love the Sweet Pie one most, but all of them are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I feel like especially this month we've seen some really cool looks with denim jackets as Bay Area Kei were doing the Jeanuary coord challenge, so this is pretty tame in comparison to some of the looks there.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.