2024 Lolita Goals

10:00:00

Unlike last year, when I began preparing the goals post a bit in advance, in 2024 I didn't even begin to think about that until well into January. To be in the right frame of mind for reflection I needed to be in my own physical space and then rest off most of the travelling.

What is continuing is the tradition of setting a goal that's measurable, achievable, and beyond purchases as that is what my wish/need/replace list is for. Out of 2023's four goals I was able to complete two and a half, which is not bad going, even if not ideal for a completionist like me. So it was all the more important that foe 2024 I channelled my focus and energy into something really worthwhile and not just adding goals for the sake of bulking up a list.

Photo by Markus Winkler on Pexels.com.

1. Finish the Craft Projects I Started in 2023

My failed goal of 2023 was making something from Otome no Sewing. And I made a start on that - but stopped as soon as I got overwhelmed with instructions. Fun fact, I also started making something from a pattern from GLB, but that was met with the same fate. This year I would like to finish both of those projects because they will result in items that I can see myself using, as well as provide me with an outlet to connect with the fashion in a more relaxing way (since I sew by hand, which I do find quite relaxing). To ensure that this happens, I will review the instructions carefully and if I am still stuck after that, then I will call upon a friend to help me decipher things. There's no shame in asking for help and that's not in itself an imposition, no matter what my stupid brain may be trying to say.

Despite choosing a project last year, I did only one part of it.

2. Learn a New Low-Effort Hairstyle

One of the things that stops me from liking my own coordinates from when I work from home is the bare minimum styling. And whilst often keeping makeup to just some lipstick is enough for me, my straight hair bothers me as it naturally lacks volume to work with most of the hair accessories that I have. So I would like to learn a new hairstyle that will not require sleeping in rollers or take tonnes of time to achieve to help elevate those. Granted, I am in love with those big princessy curls that are ever so popular in mainstream looks too, but as much as I would like to learn to do those too, I may have to be realistic about how much effort I am willing to put in on those Thursday mornings.

Aspirational, but probably not what I need for this goal.
Photo from Pinterest.

3. Sort Through My Bags

It’s something that I’ve been thinking about for a while already, so why not encourage myself to actually get it done through this extra layer of accountability? At the moment my bags are a bit of a mess, to put it kindly. I have more than I actually use, I have a bunch of bags that probably need selling, giving away or throwing away, and every now and then I find myself in a position where I probably could do with something else than what I own, but can never retain that thought for long enough to make a note of it. Moreover, I am very aware that I am not storing my bags correctly, but I am limited by space in that regard. Let’s put all of that to the end this year. Sorting through my bags will involve the following micro-steps:

  • getting rid (through any means appropriate) of bags that are no longer usable, that are not my style or that I realistically will not use:
  • identifying the kinds of bags that I may be missing to round out my outfits nicer;
  • applying any minor fixes possible (there probably isn’t much that I can do about awful peeling, but on bags that I do reach for every bit of restorative work will go a long way);
  • and last but not least, either rearranging bags in my current wardrobe to make them easier to access and less damaging to store or, if possible, apply a different storing solution.

All of these sound like a lot, but then again, this is a resolution for the whole year, I can take my time with this. Hopefully. Because my bag collection really is crying out for some attention.

Those arent't even all the bags that I own - and some of these I do not recall ever using.


This is where I will leave things. These are three very worthwhile goals to focus on and if I can achieve them, their impact on my style and general fashion lifestyle will be great. If any of you have any rental-friendly tips for storing bags or cute hair tutorials, I would absolutely love to check those out, leave me links or pass me keywords to search for.

How are your 2024 goals/resolutions looking like? Are you scaling down and preserving energy too? Or do you have big plans for this year? Whatever you’re attempting this year, all the best of luck to you all!

2 comments:

  1. For me, I would like to attend at least one meet from each comm I'm in (all 3 of them) and I should actually get rid of some bits in my wardrobe that I don't need any more...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.