No Buy Support Wardrobe Challenge: A Coord with a Never Worn Blouse

10:00:00

Or outerwear, but since we’ve hit the summer months, blouse was far easier. And it is funny how this is the third post from this challenge in a row where the whole outfit is red and black in various proportions. This wasn’t intended, just how things played out.

Click to enlarge.

| Haenuli Just One Bite JSK | L’Esprit de la Noblesse Le Nuage blouse | Innocent World Union Flag Lame OTKs | Vivienne Westwood x Melissa Anglomania heels | vintage hat | offbrand earring | Puvithel Crystal Heart necklace | Wicked and Whimsy ring |

For starters, this is really nailing that noir look that I have tried to accomplish with this JSK once before. Both the blouse and the hat add so much drama that all that’s needed to complete the look is the right styling. For how well black and red look together, I haven’t done a proper black x red coord with this JSK ever, which had to be addressed as soon as possible.

Somehow day 2 hair ended up looking way nicer than day 1 hair? I'm not mad, just surprised.

Fortunately, I had the foresight to preserve as much of my curls from Summer ILD as possible, so that I could do precisely this look. Whilst I could’ve gone more elaborate with the makeup, I decided not to, there wasn’t enough energy or reason for this since this coord only got a few hours of wear.

Finally a detail shot that comes close to capturing how sparkly this necklace is. And the colour of the blouse looks so rich here, give me more of that, please!

The main reason I wore it at all was to film a video. I had no plans of doing anything else that would’ve warranted this level of being fancy, so whilst I’m not above lounging in fancy wear, once the filming was done, comfort was appreciated far more.

It's sadly not a blouse made for flatlays, but besides that it perfect in pretty much every way.

Although it has to be said that both this JSK and this blouse are very comfortable considering how already OTT they are in their own rights. This blouse is one of my absolute favourites, L’Esprit de la Noblesse knocked it out of the park with this design. I already own it in two other colours, ivory and rich dusty pink, though the wine one is one that I haven’t had the chance to wear yet. It deserved to have its debut in something appropriately elegant and I think that this coord delivered just that.

As mentioned at the beginning of this post, the red x black pattern over the last three posts hasn’t escaped my attention. Having said this, the next three prompts centre around wearing one item in multiple ways. This doesn’t mean a complete end of black x red coords within this challenge, but I’m sure that there will be significantly fewer of them. It’s not even Halloween season yet and I’m clearly getting the spooks on, need to lighten up and enjoy the summer whilst it’s here!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.