A Christmas Print Appreciation Post

10:00:00

For years I’ve been saying how I can’t justify getting a traditional Christmas print. Having a dress that can only be worn for one month in a year, when I have an all-year-round wardrobe is not practical. At the same time, I have now crossed the invisible line of getting my 51st main piece, so am I really in a position to talk about being practical anymore? Whilst of course I have no real need for any more dresses, particularly highly seasonal ones, since I’ve moved past one arbitrary barrier, why not indulge in a theoretical look at some of the prints that I would love to own for my favourite holiday in the entire year. You know, to get us all in the festive spirit and all that.

BtSSB’s Kumya’s Christmas Market

Photo from Lolibrary.org

Right now this is my no 1 Christmas print. It has everything that one could want in a Christmas print: a giant tree, cute animals, sweets all over the damn thing, plenty of snow and stars… The big problem, of course, would be deciding on the colourway because although the red is far more festive, the sax has a nicer contrast between the print and the main body of the dress, making the print more prominent. For legal reasons I am not allowed to say that I will be actively looking for it (which applies to all dresses here), but I quietly hope that in a few years time, as newer prints take the spotlight, this one will pop up somewhere second hand at a reasonable price.

BtSSB’s Kumya-chan’s Christmas Holly Night

Photo from Lolibrary.org

What can I say, BtSSB just knows how to do a Christmas print well (when they put their minds to it, because admittedly it’s not always perfect). Before Kumya’s Christmas Market was released, this was like the OG Christmas print that our hearts yearned for. Once again, the colourway struggle is real, this time between the red and the green, though given where I am currently at with my wardrobe, I think I would go for the green. And it does pop up fairly often second hand, not even that expensive, yet until now I managed to resist its charms. Will I manage to continue doing so though?

AatP’s A Snowy Christmas Eve Mysterious Gift

Photo from Lolibrary.org

Ah, this is the one that almost got me back when it originally released. You know what stopped me? That damn bow at the back. It makes absolutely no sense with the military cut, it will likely mostly be covered anyway, and it could potentially limit the stretch of the shirring. But now that I look at it, given how I’ve also broken the barrier of altering brand, maybe this isn’t such a barrier anymore? Back then I used to justify this to myself as being more than just a Christmas print, since it’s ballet themed (even if the ballet in question is The Nutcracker, so still very festive). Oh no, I think it’s spinning its magic on me once more!

AP’s Twinkle Ornament

Photo from Lolibrary.org

Chances of this fitting me right now are pretty slim, but it’s such a charming release. It’s unquestionably festive, sweet yet very elegant in its simplicity… and for a while now I’ve wanted a velvet dress for winter. This feels like one of those Christmas prints that, whilst not workable outside of December like the AatP one might be, would be extremely versatile in providing a variety of different options for each year so that it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing the same coord over and over again.


As I was putting these together, it hit me that I can’t name a single Christmas release from Meta, not even anything adjacent. Dim Light is likely the most festive offering they ever gave us and from what I remember, they mostly stuck to doing a velvet release for the winter. But if Meta decides to give us a proper Christmas print… and Mana have mercy on us all, if they make it one of their signature bear ones… If that ever happens, I think we may be royally screwed, ladies and gentlemen.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.