1 Dress 4 Looks Take 22

10:00:00

I had wanted Georges Rose pretty much since the moment it was first released. However, at that time I found it hard to justify spending full price on it, especially as I saw that the colourway and size I was after had never sold out. It’s a story of patience being rewarded as a year and some bit later Innocent World finally added this dress to their summer sale at 50% off and I jumped at it. Although I don’t wear it as often as it deserves to be worn, it is one of my favourite dresses and I absolutely love that cut on me.

 

Look 1: Ivory Rose

| Angelic Pretty Classical Petit Rose headbow | AatP
Lace Up Ribbon OTKs | Enchantlic Enchantilly necklace |
offbrand blouse, shoes, flower clips, brooch and bracelets |
Very simple and very neutral coord with hints of green and pink to reflect that print. This outfit is so wearable that I need to give it a spin sometime soon, while the weather is still nice enough to wear it. I’m also so glad that I managed to get pieces in this light green because they match the leaves on this JSK so well!

Look 2: Pink Rose

| Angelic Pretty Romantic Bright blouse | Angelic Pretty
Romantic Angel OTKs | Angelic Pretty Royal Unicornheadbow | An*tai*na heels |
This is a very hime coord, although personally I’m leaning more towards wearing it with a simple curly hairstyle rather than a hime bump. Having said this, while the blouse looks ok on a flatlay, I worry that it might not look so nice worn. The outfit is deliberately kept simple to let each piece speak for itself since they’re all individually full of lovely detail.

Look 3: Burgundy Rose

| Innocent World Rose Lace Millefeuille bolero | Innocent
World shoes | Enchantlic Enchantilly Invitation To Angels' Ball
Party 
tights | handmade (not by me) headdress | Angelic Pretty
Royal Unicorn necklace | AatP The Mouse King Gualtiero Medal Pin II |
I couldn’t resist pairing more OTT burgundy pieces with this dress. It works so well, both in terms of colour, even though all the roses in the print are pink rather than red, and in terms of style. If I were to wear this out, I probably would put a blouse underneath, maybe the offbrand chiffon one from Look 1 above, however, they don’t layer very well on flatlays and wouldn’t even be seen as much, so I didn’t bother for now.

Look 4: Brown Rose

| Axes Femme blouse | Sosic Shop heels | Innocent World
Diamond Rose OTKs | Cutie Creator headbow | Dreamy
Bows flower headband |
When I think of classic lolita, I inevitably think of brown somewhere in the outfit. It is a colour that I’d love to add more of into my wardrobe because it’s so universally flattering, as well as pretty easy to use in daily wardrobe. Here I was massively torn between picking brown shoes to go with the blouse or brown socks – both was way too dark – and shoes won, purely because I’m not a fan of the look of shoes lighter than socks. Still, this is another contender for being worn out, but once it cools down a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Innocent World ever released this in wine, I'd be all over that, it's everything I want in a floral print. <3

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.