Share Your Most Prized Dress, Headpiece & Accessory

10:00:00

This is a great Lolita Blog Carnival prompt. We talk about our most prized dresses often enough, but not necessarily about other pieces. They may be as equally cherished by us as the main pieces, so they deserve the love and to be talked about.


Dress

It will come as no surprise that my most prized dress is Mary Magdalene’s Paulina JSK. I feel like I’ve bored you to death by talking about it, so apologies to regular readers. Nonetheless, facts are facts and this is my most prized dress: it is my namesake, it has been the one I’ve been after the longest and it is one that I adore to pieces and love every miniscule detail about.

My pride and joy, the one piece to rule them all!

Have a detail shot of this bodice, so I don't look completely lazy for reusing photos.

Headpiece

This spot is easily claimed by my Triple Fortune bonnet. The level of craftsmanship is exquisite, the details are subtle yet stunning, and the quality of it all is simply superb. I know that I haven’t done it justice by keeping it in the bag and not wearing it. This is my fault and something that I need to rectify as soon as possible. Yet when faced with an object of such superior beauty, surely it is only natural to feel that the rest of your outfit needs to simultaneously do the headpiece justice and take a step back so as to not overshadow it. Right?

It is a thing of absoute beauty - but damn these millions of shades of sax!


Accessory

It took me a while to figure this one out. Firstly because the term ‘accessory’ can be interpreted in a variety of ways: it could mean only jewellery, it could mean anything that isn’t clothing or even anything that isn’t a main piece. So in my indecisiveness I decided to pick one from all three sub-categories that I just made up.

a) Jewellery

I must admit, I’m not that sentimental about jewellery. While there are plenty of pieces I adore the hell out of and could admire for days, they don’t hold as special a place in my heart as the Mary Magdalene dress or Triple Fortune bonnet. It’s just not the same level of ‘prized’. Having said this, I have tonnes of sentiment for both the Angelic Pretty Crystal Dream Carnival ring and the Wicked and Whimsy ring.

The first one I bought when still in Kanazawa. I had just spent all my savings on Fantasy Theater JSK, but pined after CDC like mad. In an attempt to feel like I hold at least a little piece of that series (which at that point I genuinely thought I’d never own without selling a kidney), I let my friend enable me to buy the ring. Also, we were there shopping for a frilly parasol as a birthday present for a friend of ours, whom we got into lolita fashion, so lots of happy memories associated with that.

As for the Wicked and Whimsy ring... Well, for one it’s incredibly versatile! My hand goes to it pretty much every time I incorporate even a scrap of red (or gold) in my outfit. Also, it’s a reminder of my first big lolita event and first time volunteering at one. It was an incredible event, so if anything was to happen to this ring, I would be very upset.

Ok, but I have fallen in love with this aesthetic af picture though

b) Non-clothing

Scrolling through my wardrobe post, my eyes were instantly drawn to the Alice and the Pirates Circus Tent bag. While it’s not the epitome of impractical lolita bags, it isn’t that far from it. It can hold a decent amount of things, but it’s awkward to get into and can be a pain to close back up. Still, it is so beautiful in this colourway and it probably was the only bag I sort of obsessed over. Which means that even if it stays impractical, I won’t get rid of it anytime soon.

So gorgeous. So awkward to get stuff in and out of. Just keep your important bits in your pockets. Which means you're screwed if it's not Angelic Pretty...

c) Non-main piece

Now that was easy! The Millefleurs georgette blouse is not only my absolute favourite blouse – it’s also one of my favourite pieces in my entire wardrobe. Yes, the dusty minty shade of sax is awkward in the context of sax, however, it is gorgeous in its own right. Besides, it actually works with some prints I’d never expect it to. The lace is soft as a feather and the fact that there is so much of it only makes it feel more opulent. And thank you, Millefleurs, for all that shirring, it makes for the best comfort of wear possible. I definitely want it in other colours and get it in other colours I (eventually) shall.

That lace! That (odd yet beautiful) colour! That fit! We do not appreciate Millefleurs enough!


Let’s face it, I only broke the ‘accessory’ part of the prompt into further categories just so that I’d have an excuse to talk about the Millefleurs blouse! But when it’s genuinely something you treasure, of course you’re going to want to talk about it.

What are your most prized pieces in your wardrobe? Do you feel like your friends are sick of hearing about them because you mention them at every possible occasion? You can talk about them to me, I won’t judge! Make sure to also show some love to the other bloggers participating in this week’s Lolita Blog Carnival prompt, they are bound to have some amazing prized possessions they’d like to share with you.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.