Top 5 Wishlist Dresses and What Draws You to Them

10:00:00

Although the topic of discussing one’s wishlist dresses comes up on Lolita Blog Carnival every now and then, it’s worth revisiting it. Not only can our tastes change, but as we acquire some pieces and outgrow others, a previous wishlist post can quickly become obsolete. Which is why I decided to join in this week for some lighthearted blogging. The dresses below are listed roughly in the order of highest to lowest priority.


Metamorphose Gold Braid Tuck Pinafore JSK (wine)

The current no 1 wishlist dress. The longer I search for it, the more it seems to become the new Paulina JSK - in that there are literally no signs of it anywhere and I imagine it will be years by the time I get my hands on it. Similarly to the Paulina JSK, it’s the simplicity of it that really appeals to me. The gold braid is enough to make the red colourway pop and to add detail where it’s needed, without overpowering the design or going over the top. Because of this, I can envision both more casual coordinates and more OTT ones with this dress - it simply seems like a very versatile piece. One day I will have it.

Image shared via Pinterest.

Angelic Pretty Antoinette Decoration Bustier JSK (ivory)

Although this dress properly went on my wishlist pretty recently, part of me has longed for it since its release. Back then I didn’t really know which colourway or cut I’d want (other than: not pink) and over time I was able to clarify exactly what I think would suit me and my wardrobe best. This is one of those dresses that, while gorgeous on pictures, is even more stunning in person when you can appreciate the fabric and the trims. I love how this is a food print done in a very classic way and it absolutely screams Marie Antoinette. The dusty blue shades in this also seem like they’d be a perfect match for my Millefleurs blouse and I am 100% down for any and every opportunity to wear it!

Image shared via Pinterest.
  

Mary Magdalene Arabesque Rose JSK (offwhite)

As part of my quest for red-based floral dresses, I have rediscovered Arabesque Rose. I say rediscovered, because I first found it back in my early days, but at that point I didn’t realise that partially-shirred Mary Magdalene stuff would actually fit me. Even though it’s leaning a little bit more pink than what I really had in mind when I say ‘red-based floral’, the overall design is so stunning that I just couldn’t say no to it. I’ve had a brief glimpse of this dress, though in another colourway, at a lolita event once and the fabric looked so stunning in person. The small resolution stock photos really don’t convey the depth of detail of this design. It’s also another one that could be quite versatile, working either as a statement piece or as a more toned down outfit that a normie on the street would probably mistake for vintage fashion. And how could I be mad at versatility?

Image shared via Pinterest.
  

Innocent World Cool Rose JSK (wine)

The OG red-based floral dress that escaped me not once, but twice. Not sure whether it’s that ‘I almost had it’ thing or whether it’s just that this dress is simply gorgeous, but I feel that even once I did obtain a red-based floral JSK, I’d still want to have this one. Full shirring would make this incredibly comfortable, which would compensate for the nightmare that is trying to iron tiered skirts. And while Innocent World hasn’t done an awful lot of dresses in this cut, I saw someone else of a roughly similar body shape wear their dress of this cut and it’s incredibly flattering. This could be great all year round, with jewel tones in autumn and winter, then lighter shades in spring and summer, taking you from OTT to ‘I just need something for that normie formal thing I’m going to’. Fingers crossed that one day my search will be rewarded.

Image shared via Pinterest.
  

Marchen die Prinzessin Nutcracker JSK (wine)

After years of this dress occupying higher spots in my wishlist, I have decided to knock it back down a little. Partly because after so many years of fruitless searching I am not particularly optimistic about getting it, and partly as I feel that where I want my wardrobe to go has shifted slightly in a way that makes this dress a little less desirable for me. I still love the cut and the theme, I adore how it can be a Christmas print whilst staying wearable all year round and I can’t say no to some more wine in my wardrobe. Having said this, I now think that the beige of the print would be very hard to match and I’m not keen on the shape and length of the lace at the hem. Nonetheless, it’s a stunning piece that I’d love to own and live out my Christmas and/or Nutcracker outfit fantasies through!

Image shared via Pinterest.


Although there are a couple more dresses on my wish list, and I did have to think quite hard about that last one, at the moment those are the ones that I keep thinking about and looking out for the most. I think they are also a good representation of where my wardrobe is heading, as I try to expand my collection of reds, get more floral and classic pieces, and get further away from Angelic Pretty and their designs, which have just been underwhelming me recently. And to be honest, I think these days I keep getting more wishlist items that are not dresses, which is also very telling. I wonder whether this will stay like this or whether my wardrobe will see another shift in direction and priorities over the coming year or two.

What are five of your current wishlist dresses? Have they changed or remained pretty much the same since you first decided you wanted them? Do they still reflect your wardrobe and how you want to present yourself? I check second hand sales way too much, so if you want help tracking something down, do mention it to me and I’ll keep it in mind when I search. And, of course, as this is a post written for the Lolita Blog Carnival prompt, make sure to read about other people’s five wishlist dresses too!



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.