Create a Coord That Sparks Joy

10:00:00

I was pretty shocked last week when I saw that Lolita Blog Carnival had returned and I had somehow missed that completely! Thankfully there are still some bloggers who are better at keeping track of these things, so I was able to join this week. Although despite all the best intention, I decided to use a coordinate I had worn last week instead of putting together something completely new. It may be lazy, but that way you get to see an actual worn outfit rather than just a flatlay!



| Angelic Pretty Crystal Dream Carnival Tiered JSK | offbrand blouse | Metamorphose Lace-Up Bouquet OTKs | Angelic Pretty Twinkle Star ankle socks | Irregular Choice Total Freedom heels | Resailan Jewelry Box barette | Haruhi Clover star clips | Gravelvet Iridescent Princess necklace | offbrand unicorn horn necklace | handmade choker and bracelets | Twinkle Kitty Boutique rings | Brightlele wig |

Honestly, the whole reason for my wearing this was that I wanted to cheer myself up by wearing something that wasn't casual. We can't leave our houses, which means no-one to bother or heckle me as I just try to exist, which is a good enough excuse to wear something fancier. This is one of my most OTT dresses, as well as one of the sweetest ones – both of those were reasons that at one point I seriously toyed with selling it. Yes, despite it being a dream dress.

Here you can see that they are lavender, although it's not quite so obvious on the full coord shot.

However, those thoughts are firmly gone and this coordinate really reignited my love for this print. I think I was stuck for ideas on how to wear it differently for a while and this was exactly the kind of different that I needed. It made me feel like a space princess, which I more than happily played up. While I still wait on my grey socks to arrive, I had a moment of genius remembering that lavender and grey often photograph the same. And they clearly do, as evidenced by this coord where the blouse is grey and the OTKs are lavender, which the camera seems oblivious to (and there are no filters on this picture either, just some light editing to even out the light). I also decided to flip the sequins on my Irregular Choice Total Freedom shoes because the only silver shoes I have are (stupidly old) open toe dancing ones, while the grey Irregular Choice heels are a bit too Rococo for this look.

This may be the most necklaces I've worn at once.

This look was an entire vibe for the day, which was mostly boring, spent being annoyed with work stuff. And seriously wanting an 80's electropop fix and feeling a very strong 80's mood. So when Angelic Pretty not only announced that Neon Star Diner series would go on sale the following day, but that it'd have this super cute 80's-does-50's short sleeve windbreaker jacket thing, I felt like I was personally targeted and attacked. That jacket and skirt combo is everything I want, yet my budget really, seriously, genuinely can't handle both – and even if I could bring myself to only get one, I don't think if I could choose. Skirt would probably be the more sensible choice, since I could wear it with other things I have… but that jacket is what I want more!

I did my makeup simple, with a glittery gloss and eyeshadow (that I didn't get a good picture of). And this wig for once photographed the grey and caramel mix that it is.

In short: it was a boring, yet still very emotional Thursday, made all the nicer by wearing something very cute and pretty OTT. Not only this coordinate sparked joy, but it also reminded me of why this dress in particular sparks joy for me and why I want to keep it.

What kind of coordinate sparks joy for you? Is it something new, different, maybe even experimental? Or do you have this one coordinate you love re-wearing and that sparks joy for you?

As always with Lolita Blog Carnival posts, make sure to check out what the other participating bloggers wrote. No doubts there will be some great outfits to admire this week!


8 comments:

  1. The coord is super cute and love love LOVE your make up! Looks fantastic! Also that wig gives you some type of electro-whitch vibes. Nothing better than a nice outfit to cheer you up!
    I've never participated in a Lolita Blog Carnival, but I may do this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Electro-witch vibe is a mood I'd be happy to subscribe to more often! Maybe I should get some more iridescent/holographic pieces to make that into more of a thing?
      Lolita Blog Carnival is great when you're stuck for ideas for posts or when there's a prompt you haven't thought about before that sparks your interest. But it is quite random in what people will pick for the next week, so even when it is active, I don't always participate.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful coord <3 I like the lavender/grey with it. I also have CDC, but haven't worn it in awhile. May have to dig it out and play around with coording it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the camera can't tell the difference, then I'm not going to be too harsh on myself about the mismatch. I feel like CDC is one of those prints that a lot of people want, there were quite a few coords with it when it came out in 2014, but then people sort of forget to wear it because it is so bold. You kind of have to learn to embrace how in your face it is instead of trying to make it into something that it's not (i.e. casual). Hopefully you'll find a chance to wear yours :)

      Delete
  3. This dress is absolutely gorgeous and I'm so glad you decided to challenge yourself to wear it to its full potential! Lockdown is absolutely the perfect time to wear dresses the way you'd love to were it not for the amount of excessive attention you'd get from the general public, and I need to do something similar!

    You look fantastic, and the makeup is so perfect for this. Where did you get that lovely metallic lipgloss? Also having serious petticoat envy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lockdown has been quite the swings and roundabouts for me, one moment I want to dress as OTT as I can to take advantage of not going out and improve my mood, then the next moment I'm all doom and gloom that these clothes are not being worn to meetups like they deserve.

      The lip gloss is one of the Diamond Crusher ones from Limecrime (though I genuinely can't remember what lipstick I had underneath, if any xP). They are ridiculously sparkly, I have used it as a bright highlight once or twice too, it's just so reflective.

      Delete
  4. This coord indeed sparks joy! It's quite different from what I usually see you wear, so I had to double check when I opened the post, haha! You look really beautiful in it (as always), I really love all the sparkly details, specially the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, my style really toned down between me getting this dress and my wearing lolita more regularly. But it's fun to look completely different every now and then. ^_^

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.