Disneybounding Coord 1

It’s time to kick the Disneybounding series off! Although truth be told, I completely forgot about my own idea of doing these every other month and haven’t done anything towards putting any outfits. Luckily, this one was kind of mostly ready anyway, so I might as well put it out there.

The Character

In the interest of clarity and to avoid confusion, I will always explain both the character I’m taking inspiration from and why. The outfit you will see further down was inspired by Pegasus from Hercules (1997). Hercules is probably my favourite Disney film ever, I absolutely love it and had it on VHS as a kid, so it was watched A LOT. Particularly as it was the only Disney film my Dad also liked and he wouldn’t be as much of a nuisance while watching as with the other ones. Now, Pegasus isn’t necessarily my favourite character from it, however, being all white and blue, he fits into my wardrobe’s colour scheme very easily. Way easier than Megara, whom I’d love to Disneybound and one day even cosplay, who is my actual favourite.


The Outfit

| Lady Sloth Look at My Dreamy Sky OP | Sosic Shop shoes | Angelic Pretty Crystal Dream Carnival ring | handmade wing clips | offbrand beret and socks |

The colour scheme was obvious and so was the main piece. How could I use anything but my cloud-print OP from Lady Sloth? After all, Pegasus not only flies in the clouds, he was literally made out of clouds! This is actually the reason why I started doing those wing clips, even if the 21st AYWi30C post was the motivation to get them finished quicker.

Remember when these half-transparent socks were all the rage? I got quite a bunch then from AliExpress and do enjoy whipping them out during heatwaves.

The outfit is actually just a simplified version of the AYWi30C one. It’s far more casual, for practical reasons of being worn for an all day in the park. Living in Europe, my ideas of what’s cold and what’s warm are very different, however, I also understand that January in Orlando can be a bit hit and miss. The above is definitely the version for when I decide it’s warm, but the OP is quite easy to layer. Should it be cooler and not appropriate for this, I could easily wear this with white lace tights and either a white bolero over the top or a white blouse under it - or even both.

If at one point I decide that I need these to be 2-way clips, I have some brooch backings that I could sew on. And then two of these could be pinned to the dress instead.

Beret is the ideal casual hair accessory and probably the best colour match for this dress that I’ll ever get. While I’ve laid the clips out over it and could use them to hold the beret secure on my head, the truth is that I haven’t actually decided how I’d arrange that. That would most likely get decided on the day.

Now, the shoes may seem like an odd choice for a whole day on your feet - and indeed, they are. Having said this, Sosic Shop shoes, especially these ones, are yet to fail me. I’ve walked up steep hills in those shoes, I’ve worn them for all-day events including walking to and from the destination, and I’ve walked on all kinds of surfaces in them, from cobblestones to post-rain grass patches. Yes, some comfortable flats would’ve been preferable - but since I don’t have any that would go and I don’t intend to get a pair (especially given my track record in matching the colour of this dress), I would put my faith in Sosic Shop. And maybe bring a change of shoes with me just in case.

One ring isn't particularly impressive as far as accessories go. And I'll be honest, I probably would only have it on for photos due to being paranoid about losing it in the parks.

The only thing about this coord that I don’t like is that it lacks accessories. The pegasus ring is the only one that I have and I want something more. Especially with this neckline, I feel like a necklace of some sorts would be ideal and a wing design seems like the best option. But how much would I use that? Should I focus on getting a cloud one instead? My inability to decide is not ideal here. And only now that I’m writing this I remembered that I have some bracelets that I could’ve included for the ‘warm’ version. Oh well, at least I have it written down now.

Lastly, I doubt that any of these outfit flatlays will include a bag. As of now I’m trying to work out if there is an ideal option that would combine comfort of wear, versatile aesthetic, the ability to fit many items inside, and providing me with a feeling of safety (I’m paranoid of being pickpocketed, WDW may not be the most common place that happens at, but it’s not immune). During my last visit I had a 2-way bag, which I mostly wore as a backpack, but it wasn’t the most convenient for constantly getting my water bottle in and out of. Granted, this dress has pockets, which make the bag part a little bit easier to deal with, but I’m not going to fit a water bottle in there. My ex’s sister used a bum bag, but the part of myself that values looks shudders at the thought and I can’t imagine bum bags and petticoats working well together. So there won’t be any bags in the flatlays and I’m trying to figure out the best option. If you have any suggestions, be it general or links to specific things, I’m all ears! This is probably the one thing that I would be willing to buy for the trip.

The Park

When I say that I’m serious about this Disneybounding thing, I mean it! Each of these coords is being planned for a specific visit within the WDW Resort for maximum aesthetic. I’m learning from the true UltimateSenseis here, meaning @petticats, and I am not about to make them feel disappointed in me!

Sadly, Hercules is not a big part of WDW. When I was there, I was surprised to even find a Pegasus plushie (only once, in the Animal Kingdom shops), because it’s not the most marketable film, despite its relative fan popularity. Having done some research, none of the film’s characters are ones you could meet, so with that in mind I think it makes sense that my Pegasus coord would be worn to Animal Kingdom. It’s the only place I ever saw him at and he is technically an animal. And being all blue and white would make for great pictures in the Pandora area, which hosts my actual favourite ride (Avatar Flight of Passage).

I love Pandora! The film was alright, but the world created within it was captivating and Disney did such an amazing job of recreating it. And at night it looks so magical!
Photo from the Disney Parks Blog.

Summary

This part I’m mostly writing for myself, as a quick check-list, so that I can quickly refer back to it and know where I’m at with any particular outfit.

  • Pegasus coord to wear around Animal Kingdom
  • Consider what bag would be best for this.
  • Think about a neutral change of shoes in case these don’t stand up to the wear (right now I’m thinking simple white canvas shoes, especially if they’re foldable).
  • Don’t forget to take the light blue bracelets for the warmer look version.
  • Get a little bit more jewellery, a wing or cloud necklace, maybe a brooch
    • Do I dare to get an actual piece of merch (official or indie) for the coord? It’d undoubtedly look cute to have a small Pegasus pin or a plushie as a bag charm, but would I have any use for it besides that? I need to think about that.
  • Remember to pack some layers in case it’s colder: white tights, white bolero and a white blouse that layers well under this OP.


2 comments:

  1. I am LOVING this series already (and am so keen to see you cosplay Megara someday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad that you do! One day a Megara cosplay will happen - until then I'll do as much waist training as is safely possible ;P

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.