Sweet Prints I Currently Want

10:00:00

I originally wasn’t even going to do an image dump post like this. But ultimately it’s always good to talk about these things, you never know who might come out of the woods to be like “Hey, I can sell this to you” or “I’ve found it, here’s the link, go and get it”. And I am yet to meet a lolita who doesn’t like a little nosey into what other people want or to just look at dresses. So since I officially figured out what I want from the sweet side of my wardrobe, here are some of the dresses that I am looking for. Some of these might make it into an official update of the wishlist, but not all, as this is as much a mood board sort of post as it is a list of where my tastes currently sit.

Metamorphose Vintage Fruit OP in red

The top of the list, the one that definitely is on the wishlist and the one that sparked it all. Not just the post or the vibe, but the one that helped me figure out what sort of things I was gravitating towards with sweet lolita. In short that is vintage vibes, food motifs and being able to coordinate it with red. And comfort, I’m currently big on comfort and going through my wardrobe to streamline that, which an OP with a fully shirred back will definitely tick off. So yeah, if you spot the red OP anywhere, please, please, please let me know!

Image from Lolibrary.org

The Black Ribbon Konbini Market JSK in Oyatsu Blue

Ok, at this point this is a bit of a weird one to include since all we know is the fabric and that The Black Ribbon plans on making a JSK in it. But ever since that fabric was previewed (in like January?) I have been primed, ready, stalking their Instagram for the slightest sliver of news. If memory serves me right, we can’t be too far from this being announced, but the wait is killing me nonetheless and I am planning strategies to make sure that I do not miss out on this, I really want it so badly.



Axes Femme x Coca-Cola JSK in red

What are my chances of finding it without needing to sell an arm and a leg? Probably pretty slim. I have already kicked myself in the butt enough times for missing out on this both times it was available directly from Axes Femme. So I’m not necessarily holding out for it or even actively looking. This is one of those that would be lovely to own and that I know I could wear instantly, so if the stars ever aligned the right way that would be lovely.

Image from Lolibrary.org

BtSSB’s Kitten’s Sweet Cherries Cafe Diner Frill JSK in white or in sax

The funny thing is, I remember noticing it when it came out in a sort of “Huh, cute, but not for me, I’m happy to just admire it” kind of way. A few times others have also pointed out how this is something that they could see me in, undoubtedly picking up on the tricolour and the retro themes. It took time for all this to blossom into thoughts of maybe keeping an eye out for it. My relationship with BtSSB right now is a little bit complicated in that I love their designs, but their cuts seem to have something that I’m less keen on (if not length, as BtSSB is generally shorter than what I currently aim for, then the fit). So I wouldn’t jump on this one unless it was a really good price. Having said this, both the white and the sax are cute (and even the yellow, which looks like it could pass of as just very yellow cream), and it’s nice to not be that picky about colourways for once.

Image from Lolibrary.org.

Metamorphose Matryoshka Doll JSK in ivory

Ok, not really a food print here, but pretty much everything else on my criteria list is there with the added Eastern European twist. It's another print that had people surprised that I don't already own it and I can't blame them. The only one I can blame is myself because it's also one that I remember coming out, pondering relatively seriously, then deciding against for reasons I can't quite remember now. On the plus side, I don't think that I'd be unhappy with any of the JSK cuts as long as they're in ivory. Is Matryoshka Doll actually joining my official wishlist? I'm not sure yet. But if you spot any of the JSKs, especially the apron JSK (pictured above) or any of the other ones, do let me know.

Image from Lolibrary.org

[pic]

Angelic Pretty Sugar Fairy Cake JSK in mint

Some time ago, probably as a freebie with another purchase, I had Imai Kira’s illustration postcard of this print, which I since sold. And being aware of it since then, I did kind of keep going back to it every now and then, mostly sitting on the fence and deciding to leave it. Whilst this one might struggle to meet the “can be coordinated with red” criteria I established earlier, it would keep company to my Diner Doll JSK really well and work with everything else that I’ve done with that so far. Though the halterneck cut, as cute as it is, might offer the same hurdles as my Fantasy Theater JSK did with blouses, plus the fit could be a bit too tight at the moment though. But the aesthetic is firmly there.

Image from Lolibrary.org.

Angelic Pretty Cherry Stamp JSK in mint

In the same vein, but a bit more strongly, this one is almost the perfect example of what I’m looking for in sweet prints now. Except for the fit. And potentially fabric, I can’t remember for sure and only have vague memories of somebody mentioning that this particular polyester felt like a shower curtain. So it’s one that I will absolutely not be looking to buy, but if I ever find anything like it, I totally would.

Image from Lolibrary.org.

Angelic Pretty French Cafe OP or Ribbon JSK in blue

You’re probably thinking: But Paulina, AP just did an MTO for French Cafe, why didn’t you get in on that? I didn’t get in on that, dear reader, because the cut that was re-released is the one that wouldn’t be too flattering on me and the prospect of buying a brand new dress and then having to budget in £60+ to alter it did not thrill me. Plus, at the time I was still anticipating The Black Ribbon announcing Konbini Market any minute. Believe me, that was a long and hard internal battle. Had AP re-released all of the original cuts, it probably would’ve won me over with one of them. But as is I think I will wait until the MTO has shipped out, wait for a few people to comment on the quality etc., and then potentially look for it second hand. Or see if any of the other cuts start appearing as people might replace their original release versions with the MTO one.

Image from Lolibrary.org.


This is everything that I have tracked so far. Which isn’t to say that it’s the definitive list or that I am only looking for these prints and nothing else. As mentioned at the beginning, other than the very top two which are firmly on my wishlist now, the rest are an idea of the vibe that I want, a direction. I would love to support more indie brands should they release things with this sort of aesthetic (and Violet Fane’s Sumire line is pretty primed for making something that I would fall for), particularly as I am done with trying to squeeze myself into things when I can, you know, get things that already fit me well.

Moreover, whilst over here I am talking about my lolita wardrobe, the vibe I’ve outlined isn’t going to be restricted to just that. Overhauling and pinpointing my style in lolita has led to doing the same across everything that I wear, and particularly after venturing out to the Festival of Vintage in York, where I got to examine a lot of my feelings about my style in direct comparison to the other attendees, I realised that my vintage wardrobe would also excellently fit into the categories I’ve set for myself. That side is a bit more of a work in progress still, but to know that both halves of my wardrobe will continue to be able to interact and mix is very reassuring as I have grown used to having that level of freedom.

Hope you’ve enjoyed this photo dump post with some explanations on why the above dresses appeal to me at the moment, as I said earlier, if you get a whiff of any of the Vintage Fruit OP being sold anywhere or of something with a similar look dropping anywhere, hit me up, please!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Cherry Stamp has a great vibe. Real shame the actual piece doesn't tick off the necessary boxes.
    Matryoshka Doll is also really cute although it feels fairly rustic in comparison the Haenuli print you already own. Maybe because it's a little like those illustrations in old children's books?
    And oh, the Cola JSK. This is one that I love as well, but I know that I wouldn't actually wear it (I would probably face the same problems as with my Alice JSK) and the prices on the second-hand market made me raise my eyebrows first and then look up for how much it was sold originally. Not amused whatsoever to be honest.
    But it's super cute so I keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about Matryoshka Doll being a more rustic version fo Haenuli's Whipped Cream Kitty. That's what stopped me getting it upon release, if I remember right (and maybe colour/cut indecision). But having an oldfashioned children's picture book option is never a bad thing, right?

      RIGHT?! That Axes Femme Coca-Cola dress was SO cheap when it was new, but it seems that so many people slept on it that they drove the demand second hand to ridiculous prices. I wonder if the reason Axes Femme isn't re-releasing it (which they'd make a killing on) is due to some licencing with Coca-Cola that may have expired...

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.