1 Dress 4 Looks Take 48

10:00:00

I had way more fun with this one than I anticipated to. I genuinely thought that I’d struggle to come up with some looks that were different from what I’ve already done, so this was a nice surprise. It’s always good to realise that a ridiculous purchase turns out to be more versatile than you thought. And Dangerous Nude’s Gobelin Bloomers in this stupid ankle length is in my Top 3 Ridiculous Purchases, for sure!

Look 1: Dark Prince

| AatP jacket | Lady Sloth Glitter Mesh blouse | AatP Arabesque OTKs | offbrand shoes | handmade hat | Strike a Pose pin | Le Petit Four The Warrior Sacred Heart necklace | Voodoodolly ring |

Of this lot this is the most like what I’d expect to put together, the most like my aspirational Tudor ouji vibe. It’s simple, it’s elegant, it’s classy - it’s the perfect look to wear to charm the heck out of lolitas at a fancier meetup by offering my services as an ouji accessory.

Look 2: Flower Boi

| everything is offbrand |

Now this! This is a vibe that I’m excited to try. Because bois can be soft and floral, and feminine, and floaty too, they don’t have to all be tough and tailored, and only liking manly things. This would be perfect either as a softly masculine look or as a more androgynous one, just a boi nymph or a faun out on some meadow sniffing flowers. The only thing that I’d do to improve this would be add a wide belt or a sash around the hips, something like what this lad is wearing. Now that I think of it, I have a long red chiffon scarf, which is wide enough to fold and still work as a belt which I totally forgot I could’ve done. Also, the lack of socks is intentional - between the length of the bloomers and the boots none would be visible anyway.

Look 3: Louis XVth

| Infanta Swan Lake blouse | Metamorphose Swallow-Tail Jacquard jacket | Deary heels | replica socks | Naked Lace Company barette | offbrand brooch, ring and jabot | Puvithel Crystal Heart ouji brooch |

Also known as the rococo look. At first I wasn’t actually sure whether these bloomers would work with navy, since they are quite warm toned. Muted, but on the warmer side nonetheless. Yet somehow, although objectively a lighter offwhite or ivory would’ve been better, they still manage to work really well with this look. This is another one of those that begs charming everyone around you with the most impeccable manners. The Dark Prince above might be a bit of a lad and start a fight after one too many, but this right here is a good guy who knows that he’s not pretty when rowdy and being pretty matters to him more.

Look 4: Choccy Casual Boi

| Axes Femme cardigan | Innocent World Lauretta OTKs | offbrand shoes | Lady Sloth Winter Spices necklace | Milkribbon Butterkeks brooch |

Quite a low brow name for this look, but just calling it casual didn’t feel like enough. And this may be the one that surprised me the most - both that it worked and by how much I ended up liking it. This cardigan (or more like a knit top) was bought with all the best intentions and then it turned out to be too long to work for most lolita without either tucking into something or being folded up, so no-one ever gets to see the cute details at the bottom. Well, now they can! Although if anything, this coord highlights just how awkward the shade of this top is - whilst not quite so pink in real life, it’s definitely a beigey brown with peachy pink undertones. I always forget just how weird this colour is until I pull it out. But thankfully the gobelin bloomers don’t seem to mind that and the two get along really surprisingly well.


There was another look that I was hoping to feature here instead of one of these, but it never got realised due to lack of ideas on how to make it work. I was thinking of doing some sort of ero ouji look using Lady Sloth’s overdress (and maybe the blouse). But it needs a few more pieces for basic modesty, let alone to tie the coord together. Still, I’d love to one day realise that idea, that could be really incredibly cool, don’t you think? And until I manage that I’ll have to keep coming up with other looks using these bloomers. I’m still surprised how easily these four came to me, so I’m sure if I actually put my mind to it I could come up with at least several more.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.