1 Dress 4 Looks Take 23

10:00:00

When it’s love at first sight, you just know it. This is what happened to me with Baroque’s collaboration with Sakizo called Repose of Queen. It is a stunning piece and having pulled it out to photograph for this post, I know I don’t wear it enough. It just feels like such a special occasion dress that I end up saving it. I’ll try to stop, especially as a few of these have given me inspiration!

Look 1: Princess

| JeshiiDoll bonnet | Innocent World Rose Diamond OTKs | Antaina heels | offbrand feather
and necklaces |

With such a dressy piece, sometimes there’s no point overthinking the look. These pieces are guaranteed to work (even if they may look a little awkward on the flatlay) and with allow the print to stand out. I would love to add even more pearl strings of various lengths and sizes there for that extra touch of opulence, however, this is all I have at the moment.

Look 2: Bride

| After Midnight flower crown | Baroque x Sakizo Repose of Queen tights | offbrand veil,
jewellery and shoes |

This dress is good enough for a wedding – all it needed was a veil. Which I promptly added. The only thing I’d change about this are the shoes. Although cute, these aren’t quite as elegant as the dress and it jars a little (and I tried to avoid using those gold glitter heels three times in one post). Ideally, I’d throw here a pair of white glitter shoes from Irregular Choice, since they have an actual bridal range, but that’s a thought for some more distant future.

Look 3: Lady

| BtSSB Forever Enchanted Midnight Spell bolero | Angelic Pretty Salon de The Rose OTKs |
Antaina heels | Dreamy Bows headband | Low Down and Dandy choker |

Arguably this might be my favourite look of the four. I bought those socks in this colourway specifically for this dress and I like playing off the rose theme. It brings it from a mere filler on the print to the centre stage and it works well. Thanks to the bolero I could probably get away with wearing this on a warmer spring or autumn day too. It may be just what I need to turn this dress from an OTT special occasion piece into something more wearable.

Look 4: Ice Queen

| Soufflesong Ice Prism blouse | Baroque x Sakizo Repose of Queen headbow | Metamorphose
Snow Crystal OTKs | Peacockalorum muff | Sweet Dolly House brooch | offbrand cape, boots,
boot toppers and necklace | 

This was the first look of all of these four I came up with. Since this dress is a short sleeve OP, it can fit certain cuts of blouses underneath – and as layers usually mean warmth, the rest just fell into place. What I like about this is that while the whites totally don’t match (except for the furs), it still works well. It’d be great for the upcoming cold months! Apologies for the awkward glare of lighting here.


There are a few more ideas I’d like to try out with this dress. Playing with colour is definitely one of them and I feel that burgundy or sax could also work well with this dress if added in the right way. However, those might have to wait a little bit until I find the right inspiration. In the meantime, this is the dress I plan on wearing to Madrid’s The Grant Embassy event, so if you’re coming – this is what to look out for. Do come up and say hello! :)


8 comments:

  1. 23? You done it for a long time now.
    I don't know I would change shoes between lady and bride. I don't know, but gold seems a little more natural there and ivory would keep lady more grounded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while, hasn't it? I haven't gone full circle yet, although I have had at least one of these posts with a dress I have since sold.
      You're right, that would've been a much better combination with the shoes swapped. Not to get into excuse mode, but I had a major technical panic that day and while I tried to use taking photos for this as an opportunity to distract myself and stay productive, my head wasn't really in the process.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes the solutions is right in front of us, but we wont notice.

      Delete
    3. True. And sometimes you genuinely need a second opinion to point out what is it that makes you think "something's not clicking here" :)

      Delete
  2. I like the different themed coords you came up with. The fourth one is my favorite :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like naming the looks, although I mainly do it to remember what I had in mind when actually laying things out, since I tend to plan them in advance :P I'm very curious as to what would the fourth one look like worn, that layering could go either way.

      Delete
  3. I love every single one of these outfits, though since I'm still in sappy love mode I particularly like the bridal look!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.