Haworth Outing

10:00:00
This weekend the weather has blessed us by being perfect for wearing lolita: neither too warm nor too cold. And since both my Mum and I had no plans, we moved our trip to Haworth to this Saturday just gone.

| Angelic Pretty Sweet Cream House Collar JSK | Innocent World Wendy OTKs |
Cutie Creator headbow | Axes Femme blouse and bolero | offbrand shoes |
Angelic Pretty Chess Emblem brooch | Twinkle Kitty Boutique rings |

It's a shame you can't see it very well, but I had a very good
eyeliner day that day!

Truth be told, I felt truly uninspired with my outfit choices. I wanted something low-key and on the casual side, as well as something that’d work with flat shoes, but nothing in my wardrobe really spoke to me in that way. Ultimately, I decided to take this JSK out on a spin, since the muted colours and larger border print could work in a kind of vintage-y way. Pairing it with pinks and more ivories/beiges, as well as those pointed toe flats and the cardigan definitely worked to give the dress a little bit of a more mature vibe.

Haworth is a local landmark, both because the village itself is beautiful and preserved in its Victorian splendour, and because it’s the birthplace of the Bronte sisters. However, we didn’t go to the Bronte Museum (in fact in all the years I’ve lived in this area I still haven’t been there – which I will rectify at some point!). Our plan was to do a bit of shopping, stroll around, enjoy the views and the weather and just be fancy.

View from the top of Main Street of Haworth.

The Cabinet of Curiosities is one of the local landmarks and used to be an
apothecary!

Although that skeleton lives outside the Cabinet of
Curiosities, the entire village had signs about the
upcoming Haworthween!

The trip was actually instigated by me wanting to get some Irregular Choice shoes. Since from their size chart I couldn’t work out which size would be better for me and all my friends who wear the brand managed to confuse me even more, I resigned myself to having to try them in person. For years I was convinced that you could only buy Irregular Choice shoes in their branches in London or Brighton (which are way too far), however, I emailed them and they found two stockists near me, one of which being in Haworth! In the end though, while I didn’t buy any shoes despite being fully armed in cash to do so (that stockist had only a small selection), I did learn that their sizing truly is a mystery. According to the chart, I should either be a size 39 (which I normally wear) or 40 (which equates to Japanese size 25cm, which is what I am) – yet in store 39 was too big by a whole finger and I actually should’ve had size 38, which I never would’ve even thought of had I not tried the shoes on. On the other hand, my Mum who’s a size 40 reckons she should buy size 40, although that’s based off her trying sizes 39 and 41, since there were no 40 in stock there. Honestly, if anyone out there understands how Irregular Choice’s sizing works, then you must be a genius!

Not the IC stockist, but it was such a cute shop!

I was tempted to get it, but didn't in the end.

We didn’t leave empty handed though. I found this cute vintage hat in one of the first shops we went to, while Mum bought herself an adorable cherry-themed reproduction cardigan. Both worked out way cheaper than shoes, so all in all it was a great deal and we could proceed to finding someplace for a late lunch. We ended up at the Fleece Inn, which fed us way more than we were actually able to handle (Mum’s burger was the size of her head, as was my portion of sausages), even though it was delicious. That’s also when we decided that old English pubs are super cosy and we should try to go for a traditional English Christmas meal in a pub like this later this year.

The hat I purchased. I can't wait to wear it with something cute!
Definitely recommend this pub, the atmosphere was lovely
and they're dog-friendly, so plenty of doggos for you to pet.

Burger taken to a whole other level!

Yorkshire bangers and mash - not the most visually pleasing
food, but definitely filling and hearty. Great pub grub!

Before heading home, we also went back to the artisan chocolate shop. We walked past it three times and each time there was a different employee handing out samples of salted caramel and coconut oil truffles – so of course we said “Yes” to that sample three times! The samples convinced us to buy some fancy chocolates, which I nommed all later that same night with a cup of rose-flavoured tea. Definitely been appreciating the fine life!

Living the decadent life - even if by that point I have taken
my frills off.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.