Coord Inspired by Your Favourite Film

10:00:00

I admire people who are able to put together these amazingly well balanced, as well as instantly recognisable film-inspired coords. It takes a degree of luck for one’s favourite film to align with one’s taste in clothes. True, there are some easy options, such as Harry Potter or Marie Antoinette, where putting together an outfit should be easier, since those are common inspirations within lolita fashion. However, my inner hipster always wants to try something different and to be true to my actual taste in films – and my wardrobe is certainly not made for that!

Hugh Jackman in The Greatest Showman.
Image taken from FoxMovies.com, property of 20th Century Fox.


In the end, after a lot of thought and a few failed ideas, I decided to go with The Greatest Showman. It is an absolutely wonderful film, I have loved it from the very first minute of seeing it in the cinema back in January this year and often listen to the songs (and sing along). This is also fairly easy to blend with lolita fashion and with my wardrobe, as I have a few circus-themed options.

| Angelic Pretty Fantasy Theater Gilet JSK | I Do Declare blouse | Angelic Pretty Toy Circus
tights | Angelic Pretty Elegant Doll boots | offbrand jacket, hat and black brooch | AatP The
Mouse King Gualtiero
Medal Pin II |

I decided to sacrifice some of the colour balance for a slightly stronger reference to the on-screen P.T. Barnum. He also wore a red jacket and a top hat, although his was full size rather than my mini. While it’s a bit of a shame to cover those amazing sleeves with the jacket, I wanted to stick to the prompt a little bit more.


The rest is more your usual circus lolita coordinate. I tied the neck ribbon and fluffed it up to this gigantic bow and added a brooch at the dress’ neckline for an extra bit of sparkle.


The stripy tights are as circus-y as it gets. Although I took them out of their packaging, I still have no idea whether they’d fit. I daren’t try these on until I know that I want to wear them, so that if I do end up having to sell them, they’re in as good a condition as I can keep them.


The hat was actually bought for this particular dress! If you want to see them worn together, you’ll have to tune in to the latest video in my 10 Day Lolita Challenge series, where you’ll see some blasts from the past (most are on this blog, but I don’t think this gem is – be warned!).


My favourite detail in circus and military coords must be the buttons! There’s something stunning in gold or brassy-toned buttons with emblem designs. That and any braiding details, I love a good braid detail anytime and almost anywhere!

Want more film-inspired coordinates? Check out these posts from other bloggers! And let me know: what is your favourite film that would match your lolita style? Have you done a film-inspired outfit before? I’d be very curious to see those!



2 comments:

  1. I loved The Greatest Showman! I think your coord it's spot on! I don't know what movie I would pick but it's a great challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SUCH a great film, I might rewatch it this weekend! <3 Doing coordinates based on films is harder than it sounds, although for me at least a little bit easier than on books. My favourite books are sci-fi, which don't really gel well with lolita, and the few exceptions (romance fiction set in Regency England and Agatha Christie) are just that little bit more Classic than my wardrobe is at the moment.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.