1 Dress 4 Looks Take 43

10:00:00

Although Violet Fane’s Charming Town technically can fit a petticoat (I’ve worn it with my Classical Puppets without an issue), I admit that due to its cut I tend to fall back on wearing it in more otome and non-J-fashion ways. It has been worn a lot more than what was featured on this blog, since it’s one I enjoyed wearing to the office thanks to how easy it was to style. However, it’s too nice of a piece to not get featured more and whilst in day-to-day life I will happily carry on with re-wearing the same few combinations that work with it, this post was an excellent excuse to try to push the boat out just a little bit more.

Look 1: Ladylike

| Chess Story Gift from Budapest blouse | Angelic Pretty Salon de The Rose OTKs | Irregular Choice Earl Grey shoes | Cutie Creator headbow | offbrand flower clip | Dentelles brooch | Peppermint Fox brooch | vintage gloves |

The colours on this print are really muted and dusty, though still on the lighter side, which led me to think that this blouse might work well with the skirt. And indeed it was. A few ad-hoc tweaks and additions later this was done, looking so much fancier than I anticipated. Whilst there is a flower shop sign on the print, that design is more minty, it’s the guesthouse sign that’s all lavender, though still with floral motifs, so maybe this outfit is for the guesthouse’s owner during their afternoon tea and book break?

Look 2: Casual Mystic

| Axes Femme cutsew | Violet Fane Antiquite tights | offbrand shoes and beret | Cutie Creator headbow | Violet Fane Esoteric Shop brooch | Patisserie Pink Bottled Stardust brooch |

It’d be a stretch to call this look a casual witch, though it certainly has some dark academia influence. In all honesty, my inspiration was remembering how a friend who owns this print in the JSK version wore it really casually with black tights (and probably something black at the top, I just can’t remember the details) and I wanted to try that. Whilst black tights seemed a bit too heavy, I do like how going with black as a secondary colour works with this print, so this one definitely will get worn somewhere at some point!

Look 3: Cool Tones

| Axes Femme blouse | Innocent World OTKs | offbrand shoes and ring | Angelic Pretty Royal Unicorn headbow | Metamorphose necklace | Madillustration brooch |

On the back of the lavender outfit I wanted to try something with sax. Again, this is a colour that is featured in the print, though in a dustier shade than what I have, nonetheless I feel like the blouse works really well with the skirt. I am somewhat less happy with accessories though, not only because I wanted to use all-silver pieces, which I don’t have that many of anymore, but also because I feel like this headbow is somehow too heavy? Which is odd, since the shade of blue works well and the gobelin fabric kind of ties in to the shades of the skirt, yet still it feels too chunky. Maybe it’s one of those that needs to be worn and styled to work, where the right hairstyle would tie it together. What do you think?

Look 4: Classically Classic

| offbrand blouse | Innocent World Rose Lace Millefeuille bolero | Innocent World Lauretta OTKs | Hush Puppies boots | Imperial Fiddlesticks headbow | Summer Tales Boutique necklace | Axes Femme brooch | offbrand ring and earrings |

Brown and I have an up-and-down kind of relationship. When I’m not in the mood for it, it’s just ignored, but when I do feel it, I am practically ready to get an entire brown capsule wardrobe. Coords like this, those that feel so quintessentially classic lolita, really reignite that feeling. This one also started dipping into mori-kei-ish waters, with the necklace and earrings going for earthy natural themes, and seriously, I feel like I don’t appreciate brown enough as a colour. Someone stop me before this turns into a shopping spree.


As I said, I do wear this skirt fairly regularly outside of lolita, since it is pretty easy to work into quick outfits with my go-to pieces. Most often I wear it with ivory, wine or pink, so I’m glad that I got to explore other colours that work with it. Each of these outfits is definitely one that I will at least try at one point and I’m pretty excited about all of them. For once there isn’t really a favourite here - just thinking about when will I have an occasion to match these looks.

2 comments:

  1. Have to say, while all the outfits are pretty, that last classic one really hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is just something about typical classic lolita in brown that is unbeatable <3

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.