1 Dress 4 Looks Take 65

10:00:00

Look who’s here! Another addition to my celebration of my own heritage, Lady Sloth’s Slavic Bestiary is going to allow me to do that in a darker way. At least in themes since I still opted for the white colourway. I am yet to actually wear it, which is fine, this post may help me explore some of the possible options before deciding on one.

Look 1: Witcher Witch

| Bodyline blouse | Snag Tights White Russian fishnets | Hush Puppies boots | Rose Thorn hat | offbrand corset and necklace | Amastacia earrings | Le Petit Four ring | Amadea Kingdom The Adventurer D20 brooch | Violet Fane The Apotheque brooch |

Starting out with something that is going to be a bit of a work in progress until I have an occasion to wear this. This look sits somewhere between a witch who hunts beasts and a witch who studies them, and is one of the ideas I had in mind since purchasing the dress. I would love to take it to the next level with even more elements leaning into the fantasy, like belts and pouches, as well as introduce more browns for some balance. This is a good start for it and I’m excited to play with the idea some more.

Look 2: Monochrome Goth

| AatP jacket | Angelic Pretty Lovely Ribbon OTKs | offbrand boots and gloves | Antique Beast headdress | Le Petit Four necklace | Patisserie Pink Bottled Stardust brooch |

Black and white is a timeless combo for gothic looks, gotta show some of that. And the way this jacket works with this dress, both in shape and in vibes, is particularly satisfying. Yes, I would prefer to use some legwear option with silver - the reason I went with these socks is because the gold on them is the lightest of the various white x gold OTKs and tights that I own, so once worn they would probably blend in a bit better. Other than this though all this look needs is some dark makeup and maybe some black hair.

Look 3: Greyscale Goth

| offbrand blouse | Jane Marple OTKs | Vivienne Westwood x Melissa Anglomania heels | vintage hat | Annzley corset | Puvithel Crystal Heart necklace | Eulalia earrings | handmade bracelets |

Even though the dress is a pretty bright off-white, the black print with plenty of writing in the background results in the dress reading as quite grey. And the grey pieces work beautifully with the JSK thanks to that. Here I’ve taken a more elegant approach, which the flatlay only partially conveys, I think that with the appropriate styling and on a body the outfit would come together as much more elegant. I toyed with the idea of using my opera gloves, however, their length wouldn’t look so good with these sleeves, probably not even if I pushed them up. Maybe this is a sign from the universe that I could do with a pair of black wrist cuffs?

Look 4: Fern Flower Princess

| Millefleurs Georgette blouse | Angelic Pretty Salon de The Rose OTKs | Irregular Choice Flickety Kiss shoes | Le Petit Four headpiece | offbrand hair clips | Tiny Passerine Creations necklace | Gravelvet Iridescent Princess necklace | Slightly Ghosts Forget-Me-Not brooch |

Believe it or not, this outfit started out as a much more monochrome (black and white) version with blue accents, all because the dress is definitely a cool tone and because I really wanted to use this pin. That original attempt was much less successful, but the process of the outfit literally morphing in front of my eyes as changes happened piece by piece was pretty satisfying. The blue/mint colour scheme with the many florals reminded me of the legend of the fern flower, and since the look is definitely very fancy, it gets to be the princess of this lineup.


There is one more look that would have featured in here, however, it was so good that I was keen on wearing it as soon as possible, so instead you will see that in this month’s coords roundup post (or on Instagram). All of my other ideas for it, whilst fine and just as good as these four, made me feel like I am overthinking both coordinating this dress and what to show in this post, which is partly why I’ve kept things a bit simpler and maybe more predictable here. It’s my own reminder to myself that not everything needs to be super original every single time and that taking the easy route is not cheating, it’s just wearing clothes in ways that feel natural for them. Still, I’m sure that once it comes to wearing this dress out, there will be lots of very fun options to explore.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.