Lolidrobe Reassessment Post 2022.02

Oh my God, already?! But I’ve only just done a reassessment post! Wow…


New additions

No, officer, I have not been spending all my money on dresses. I tried to spend it on builder pieces instead…

  • 2 JSKs (sweet in red* and sweet in navy*)
  • 1 blouse (sweet in sax)
  • 2 pieces of outerwear (sweet cardigan in sax and a sweet varsity jacket in navy)
  • 1 basket
  • 1 pair of socks (sweet in mint)
  • and 6 sets of accessories (1 sweet beret in blue, 1 sweet ring in blue, 1 pair of sweet earrings in pink, 1 classic brooch in gold, 1 pair of gloves in orange, 1 sweet necklace in gold*)

That's a very blue haul...

The little bits

Jokes aside, as I am in the process of slowly overhauling my wardrobe, I do need to update my staples, so definitely expect there to be more blouses in this and maybe even more cardigans. *le gasp* But that’s what may come, for now let’s focus on what has come - and at least of those two JSKs, one was something I expected to purchase. The basket and the varsity jacket were also somethings I’ve been looking for for at least two years, so all in all I’d say that it’s not a bad quarter. Sensible or at least accounted-for purchases balance out the unexpected ones and even those latter ones are proving to be things that I’m getting some use of already.

Possible new looks

Whilst my intention is mostly to replace things that no longer fit me correctly with similar versions rather than get fully brand new things, having worked out what I want comes with a certain degree of novelty to my wardrobe. Though in the whirlwind of the last few months that led to me not realising that it was time for another reassessment post, I haven’t necessarily made the most of that. But it seems fairly self-explanatory how something like a wicker basket would allow me to polish and better tie off my future looks.
From June 2022.

From May 2022.

From May 2022.

Replacement and need list progress

As expected, replacements are still where they were last. Although in all fairness, so is the need list. With the combination of a lack of availability of the right items and a lack of time to search, none of the purchases that I made are filling these particular spots. Moreover, a lot of the replacements with things like blouses will be made a little bit more ad-hoc right now, as I try items and make decisions as I go along. So this won’t be the full picture until I’ve gone through everything.

Replacement list as of 05.07.2022

Need list as of 05.07.2022

Current wishlist

Yay, further additions to the wishlist with no things going off it. Great… Although I guess having figured out one side of my style a bit better this was sort of to be expected. I’d love to pinpoint the classic side of my style in a simiar way too, but that seems too overwhelming right now, so inaction it is.

Main piece wishlist as of 05.07.2022

On the other hand, the non-dress list stayed pretty much the same, nothing to add to that and nothing that’s been ticked off. I am slowly working out more specifics in terms of those layering pieces that I’d like to add to my wardrobe, so the next step is working out where to get them from.

Non-main piece wishlist as of 05.07.2022

New Year’s goals: progress summary

Progress on this year’s goals is a lot slower than previously, my attention span keeps getting distracted by various other things. At times like this it’s good to have these quarterly review posts to come back to, they definitely help me remember and re-prioritise these things.
  1. Did I create a themed lookbook video: not yet. The first plan was scrapped as the inspiration wasn’t quite there this year (maybe next year). So I’ve gone back to the drawing board and am working towards a new plan.
  2. Did I take more mirror selfies: yes. This will be a continuing work in progress and it is getting better, as evidenced by the increasing number of them sneaking into the coord roundup posts.
  3. Wardrobe Overhaul
    1. Have I done a wardrobe purge: another work still in progress. My first plan was to do it all in one big go and around May I realised that I’ll never find the time and energy to do that. So instead I adopted a ‘one thing a day’ approach to tackle the overhaul more systematically. I might write more about it at some point, we’ll see.
    2. Have I divided my wardrobe into seasonal parts: as above, although this one will have to be done a bit more in one go purely because of its nature. I’ve set aside some time to do this soon, so by the next reassessment post there should be progress.


July… Where have you taken my June (and May, but mostly June)? I know that those months happen, but somehow I don’t feel like I actually lived through them. Despite still having at least two months of formal summer, my mind is already on the cooler months. But I am trying to ground myself in the now, stay present and focus on working through this wardrobe overhaul, that’s something I would like to finish sooner rather than later. Some of it won’t be possible unless things cool down, but then again, that’s one of the advantages of living in the UK: warm weather is never guaranteed.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.