Autumn Themed Coord

10:00:00

When I think of autumn, I think of trees turning red, orange and gold, of knitwear dominating outfits – and of apples, my favourite fruit, the majority of varieties of which are in season around September/October. As someone who’s not into Halloween, the spooks and the spoops don’t enter my autumn picture.  But which of these themes will inspire this week’s Lolita Blog Carnival prompt outfit?


Since I’m Polish, I take my apples very seriously. We have so many varieties growing in Poland and we’re one of the largest exporters worldwide! Trust me when I say that I know what I’m on about.

Behold the ultimate of all apples!
 
One of my ultimate favourite varieties of apples is what we call malinówka (literally: raspberry apple). It’s a very, very old variety, which is actually endangered now, despite being massively popular at one time, as producers have moved onto more commercial varieties. Personally, I think that’s idiotic because malinówka is one of the sweetest apples around (some say it has a raspberry-like sweet taste to it, hence the name) and they never live long around me. Last time my parents brought me back a bag of about 5kg, it only lasted a week – and only because I was restraining myself! It’s also the perfect Snow White red apple. It’s so red that the red skin sometimes bleeds and tints the flesh pink just underneath.

So since it’s an autumn variety of apple, one that I’ll forever associate with this season of the year, let me celebrate my favourite apple through a coordinate!

| BtSSB Full of Stars "Bright Starry Night" JSK I | Angelic Pretty Romantic Bright blouse |
Angelic Pretty Romantic Angel OTKs | Innocent World shoes | Disney bag | Imperial
Fiddlesticks headbow | Sheena's Bella Bows headdress | offbrand hair clips |

The choice of main piece was obvious: it had to be Baby’s Full of Stars “Bright Starry Night” JSK. Not only is it the perfect shade of red, but the fabric has a sheen to it, which resembles the red skin of a malinówka apple perfectly.



Although apple flesh is normally white, because on this apple the skin often dyes it pink, I went for a pink blouse. It might not be the most practical one – a little thin and short for the colder weather, plus those sleeves prevent any kind of cardigan to be thrown over it – but since it’s a flatlay, I’ll let this slide.



Let’s skim over socks and shoes, because they’re chosen purely for colour balance. To make it a bit more obvious that the coord is inspired by an apple, I’m throwing the only apple-shaped things I have: the purse and the pie headdress. Together they steer the coord more in the Sweet direction, but in an odd way I think it works.

What is your favourite autumn theme? Is the season inspiring any coordinates for you? Make sure to check out what the other participating bloggers have done!



6 comments:

  1. I have a massive craving for fresh apples now! Loving the combo of pink and wine, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same tbh. But I don't know where is the nearest farmers' market that'd sell actual farmers' produce would be and supermarket apples are shite, so... And yes, wine and pink definitely need to happen more!

      Delete
  2. I'm craving apples now ahah For me, Autumn it's the season of pomegranates and persimmon (hmm that last maybe explains the influence of orange tones on my coord ahahah)
    I absolutely love the red on that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, persimmons! They're great too and definitely seasonal now. <3 This dress has the richest wine tone, so deep that it can even seem slightly purple under certain light.

      Delete
  3. That raspberry apple you described sounds delicious! And the jsk you used in your coord is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hands down the best apple I've ever eaten. I'd even consider planting a tree if I could, even though I don't have green fingers at all. ToT

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.