Welcome Meet

10:00:00

So… depending on how closely you read my ramblings, you may know that for about a month now I’ve been the mod for my local comm. It still feels massively unreal, although I’m mostly over the ‘end of an era’ feeling now. Luckily, I’m not on my own, there is another new mod (with a touch more experience) and most of the previous mods are still around, ready to help, so it’s going to carry on being great! And since comms see an influx of new faces around late September due to the start of the new academic year at universities, we held a very relaxed welcome meet this last weekend.

| Angelic Pretty Fantasy Theater Gilet JSK | Haenuli Secret Garden tights |
Lady Sloth crop top | Angelic Pretty Elegant Doll boots | offbrand beret,
cardigan and brooch | After Midnight necklace |

No filter on this because for once my blush showed up on a photo!
Let's celebrate that!

When introducing ourselves, I suggested that we all say our names and why we decided to wear what we wore and my reason is simply that I’ve not worn this dress since DMC last year. I actually have a spreadsheet where I keep track of what I wore when (in a formally lolita way, I have one or two pieces that get worn to work that I don’t necessarily count), so if it’s been a while for a piece, I can do something about it. This isn’t the most creative coord, with one exception I’ve always paired this dress with red, but it was a casual meet, so no pressure to go out of my way to be original. Plus it let me wear some of my Dublin purchases out, which is great. The boots may have looked amazing, but my feet were not happy with the look over comfort choice – I really want to get more tea party/lolita-appropriate flats, I just don’t have the space for more shoes right now. Once I do, some gold flat(ter) shoes will be in order.

It wouldn’t be a meet hosted by me if something didn’t go wrong (at least one person is convinced that I’ve some sort of a curse hanging over me). This time I managed to coincide the meet date with a railway strike. Luckily, everyone made it on time, even if it took more time than it normally would’ve, so hopefully that’s the last of that curse?

To keep up with the chill and relaxed ‘let’s get to know each other’ theme, we went to a Leeds comm favourite, Dry Dock. I hadn’t been there since my very first time all the way back in January 2017. The other new mod and I both brought some magazines and we had about a half-half split between new and old faces, which was absolutely great! Conversation flew so easily, from lolita to totally not-lolita topics, so that in the end we decided not to do any formal activities so as to not disturb that great vibe.

Because of this, I took absolutely zero photos besides the outfit pic and selfie above. One of the other lolitas took a group shot of us, which I won’t upload here, since I haven’t asked if everyone would be ok with that. Just imagine nine lolitas dressed in great outfits huddled in a group shot.

How was your September? Does your comm normally see an influx of new members around the time students get back to university/school? Any interesting plans for October and/or autumn, now that both are officially in?



2 comments:

  1. Relaxed meets are so fun, and this sounds very pleasant. Good mod work! (Yes, hopefully the cures is over...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relaxed meets are amazing! Definitely need more of those (I'm thinking of doing like a cinema outing one in November when Nutcracker and the Four Realms comes out).

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.