1 Dress 4 Looks Take 38

10:00:00
Polka dots are very important and very valid. Though I do try to avoid buying things that are too similar to what I already own, something in me could not resist this skirt from Meta. The regret-o-meter continues to be at the lovely and rounded zero and I am always excited to wear this skirt. Which means that I was even more excited to try and put together some looks for this post which I may have otherwise not done because we all know that reality doesn’t often match up with the curated images we post on the internet.

Look 1: Mint and Red

| Crown Label cardigan | Haenuli Secret Garden tights | Bodyline shoes | offbrand beret | Angelic Pretty Sweet Cream Princess headbow | Sweet Dolly House ring | Chocomint ring | vintage necklace | Angelic Pretty Fancy Crepe necklace |

This is mostly a rehash of the idea I first had with the Winter Spices skirt, but if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Mint and red are a great colour combination and this is but one way of making an outfit for cooler weather that’s still fun and colourful.

Look 2: More Dots and Stripes

| offbrand top | Angelic Pretty Toy Circus tights | Bodyline shoes | Angelic Pretty Twinkle Sky headbow | Larme x Eat Me bow | Axes Femme earrings | After Midnight necklace |

Originally this was going to be a blue x red version of the dots with stripes theme, however, that actually got worn in June. There was no point in redoing it here since I wasn’t planning on making any changes to that outfit. But dots and stripes somehow became a theme I grew to like a lot and this top has been worn in lolita outfits enough to do it again.

Look 3: Leaning Larme

| Lazy Oaf top | offbrand tights | Metamorphose shoes | offbrand headband and clips | Big Pink Boutique earrings | Lady Sloth brooch | Star Glazed Delights ring | Angelic Pretty Fancy Soda ring |

Every time I pull this top out, my brain immediately reaches into the larme-kei lookbook. Lolita and larme simply blend well together, so why not. Whilst I don’t know yet how that wire headband would actually work, as in what hairstyle would I wear with this outfit, I like that it keeps everything more in lighter colours. Black is valid, but I think having pops of it is better than letting it dominate when the outfit is meant to be more cute than sexy.

Look 4: Disney Magic

| Nile Perch cutsew | Tutuanna socks | Primark shoes | offbrand hair ties | Disney bag |

This one started off with wanting to do something appropriate for summer. And the rest sort of just happened? It’s probably the least lolita outfit here, but because of this I do totally envision myself wearing it to Disneybound at WDW. Though of course it would be with a pair of Mickey/Minnie ears, which is why the outfit only has those hair ties. Gotta leave some space for the ears. (Side note: I am planning to go to WDW in Florida for my 30th to experience Disney the way I want to and to escape the inevitable birthday-slump when you’re an early January baby. So while we’re still a while off from there, having some cute Disneybounding outfits to put in the bank can’t hurt.)


Usually in these posts I force myself to prove that even pieces which are more casual can be styled in elegant or OTT ways. However, this time I decided against that. Yes, I probably could do some clever layering and turn this very sweet, cutesy skirt into something more refined, but ultimately I doubt that I would ever wear that coord. My wardrobe has plenty of elegant classic pieces that I can wear in OTT ways, so when there are events to attend, my instinct is to reach for those instead. Having more outfits that are interesting and different, yet still perfectly wearable and on-theme for this skirt is more what I need because when I do wear it, it’s more likely going to be something like the looks above. Going against the grain for the sheer sake of it might be a fun coordinating exercise, but I’d rather have a bigger bank of outfits that I would potentially wear.

2 comments:

  1. As usual, all these coords are great but I really love the Disneybound one! And doing Disney for a milestone birthday is 10/10 a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling that you'd appreciate the Disneybounding one! Even though there's still well over a year and a half, I feel like I should start planning something more than just "I'm going to go". Or at least read all the blogs with Disney parks tips.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.