April Coords Roundup

10:00:00

There is a saying in Polish, which literally translates to “April’s a mixer, mixing a bit of winter and a bit of summer”. The unpredictability of the weather has certainly been reflected in what I wore this month, both in and out of lolita, hardly ever getting the layers just right. But at least they were cute layers.


*~*~*~*

Coord 1: No Joke

| Metamorphose Classical Sister OP | Innocent World Origa OTKs | offbrand shoes | Antique Beast headdress | Grimoire brooch | Voodoodolly ring | Dalao Home wig |

I still find it funny how often people tell me that they didn't recognise me at first when I wear blonde wigs.

Teeny tiny brooch from an event I never went to, but which is too cute nonetheless.

The reason I call this no joke is because I happened to wear this on April Fool’s Day, though not with any intention of fooling anyone into thinking that I’ve either turned blonde or goth. This also was my no-joke coord for this month’s No Buy Support Challenge, so read more about it there.

*~*~*~*

Coord 2: Sunday Princess

| Angelic Pretty Flower Garden JSK | Lady Sloth Snowflake Lace blouse | Baroque Repose of Queen tights and headbow | Irregular Choice Earl Grey shoes | Gravelvet Iridescent Princess necklace | offbrand ribbon as a choker | Madillustration brooch |

This bow is so big and sticky-outy, no wonder I don't wear it often.

A moment of appreciation for how the smaller gems on that necklace match the ribbons on this JSK.

This coord has been on my mind for so long and even though the temperature wasn’t quite warm enough, since it was a Sunday I spent at home I decided to ignore that. Sunday best doesn’t have to be taken out to church, my living room is equally worthy of my Sunday best. Because it’s nice to be aesthetic whilst sipping tea, writing, sorting out your odds and ends at the end of a week, and just generally existing in a fancy way.

*~*~*~*

Coord 3: Dorky Ouji

| Metamorphose Wizarding Lesson shorts | Chess Story Gift from Budapest blouse | Jane Marple OTKs | offbrand shoes | handmade bow pin (not by me) |

It was prime time for some casual ouji and whilst looking at what options I had available to me that I haven’t yet tried with these shorts, I landed on the navy x lavender combo (even though the socks are a true grey, but it doesn’t matter). Once I put that bow pin on, I thought that the whole look has a bit of a dorky vibe, like I’m about to explain chemistry to you, which I can’t, but the vibe isn’t bad.

*~*~*~*

Coord 4: Warrington Meetup

| Angelic Pretty Diner Doll JSK, headbow and OTKs | Laura Ashley blouse | offbrand shoes | Sweet Dolly House necklace | Lady Sloth brooch |

It's a shame that my hairstyle hasn't shown up properly because I've figured out how to make a very cute bun.

A jar of macarons for a time of need.

On Sunday I attended a really chill meetup in Warrington, which I’ve never been to. Anticipating a fair bit of walking and needing to be practical, my idea started with the bum bow backpack and the wanting to have pockets, which eventually led to all of this. I really like how this whole coord came out, it was very on brand for me and did exactly what it needed which was to keep me comfortable, as well as cute. Warrington turned out to have a couple of hidden gems, as well as a whole host of lovely people across the various businesses we frequented, and I would more than happily go back there for more meetups, which hopefully will happen.

*~*~*~*

Coord 5: Working Hard

| After Midnight The First Semester JSK | Axes Femme cutsew | Innocent World Rose Lace Millefeuille bolero | Innocent World Rose and Diamond OTKs | Sosic Shop shoes | offbrand barrette | Angelic Pretty Melty Ribbon Chocolate ring |

Two thirds of the times that I dress up for working from home there is no will for any makeup.

Very pleased that you can see some of the pattern on the socks as well as the ring.

I can’t remember what this coord idea was originally for, probably some chill Sunday, but that didn’t happen and it felt just as appropriate for a WFH Tuesday. I love the librarian vibes of this coord and the more classic lolita/otome/vintage fashion’s approach to colour balancing (i.e. not so prescriptive). I was going to put a bit of makeup for the photos, but then decided that it was pointless, bare face is how I work most days, it’s not always necessary to pretend that this isn’t the case.

*~*~*~*

Coord 6: Brightly Coloured

| Bodyline L249 JSK | Metamorphose blouse | Pinky Girls cardigan | Metamorphose Heart Ladder Lace OTKs | Sosic Shop shoes | Red Maria headbow | Sweet Dolly House necklace | Risu Rose ring | offbrand ring and clips on the cardigan |

Apparently April was the month of big centre bows.

Ngl, I am so pleased with the last minute idea that adding these clips to the cardigan was.

Admittedly, I have been putting off wearing this cardigan with this JSK until my yellow socks arrived. But the weather got more spring-like again after a brief return to cooler things and this idea was too cute to keep putting off any longer. I also needed a coord to film another Advanced Coordinating video in, so it fell on this one. Although as I had to leave for a blood donation appointment that same day, I changed the blouse, socks and cardigan for something lighter. Achievement unlocked: donating blood in lolita!

*~*~*~*

Coord 7: Easter Prep

| Innocent World Georges Rose JSK | offbrand blouse and shoes | Tutuanna socks | Cutie Creator headbow | After Midnight necklace | Hello Crumpet Kukuryku brooch | handmade bracelets |

I love working with second day post-curling hair, even super simple buns suddenly gain a lot more volume.

Robert's first Easter!

The day after that was the Saturday before Easter and I had so many things to cook/bake. But I didn’t want to forego looking cute entirely and in wanting to get Robert the Rooster out for his mandatory Easter outing, this coord was born. The black accents are very classy and there are enough of them to balance each other out against the rest being ivory. I felt very much like a lifestyler cooking and baking in this.

*~*~*~*

Coord 8: Easter Monday

| Lady Sloth Winter Spices skirt | Axes Femme cutsew | Tutuanna socks | Irregular Choice Flickety Kiss shoes | offbrand beret | handmade headbow and bracelets | Once Upon a Cookie Treat Jelly Cookie necklace | Twinkle Kitty Boutique rings |

Tfw when you wear a beret indoors because it's the look for the day.

Fitting perfectly into that collar.

In a slight break from my Easter traditions so far, I have not worn frills on Easter Sunday itself, though I still dressed up. However, it would’ve been a shame to waste the final day off on pyjamas, so I searched for something cute and comfortable. Despite plans to divide my wardrobe up into seasonal items, I haven’t done that yet and to capitalise on that, I decided to whip out the Winter Spices skirt before it gets packed up until winter. Christmas, Easter, who cares what holiday this skirt gets worn for, it’s exactly the level of cuteness and comfort that I wanted for a day mostly spent on chores and editing.

*~*~*~*

Coord 9: Botany Student

| BtSSB's Dreaming Sherbet skirt | Axes Femme blouse | Fi.n.t. cardigan | AatP Lace-Up Ribbon OTKs | Bodyline shoes | Cutie Creator headbow | Tiny Passerine Creations necklace | Le Petit Four ring | Violet Fane brooch |

Look at all the floral details there, they make me so happy.

As is often the case, the unexpected freebie that I never would've bought myself turns out to be such a great staple piece within my wardrobe.

Except the earrings, this is exactly the same coord as in the 54th 1 Dress 4 Look post. The weather somehow managed to be warm and cool at the same time, making this combinations of thin layers just the right thing for a day spent working from home. And whilst this usually doesn’t happen, somehow the outfit helped me focus on the task of tidying up and organising some information easier. You can’t look studious and then not act studious, you know?

*~*~*~*

Coord 10: Friendly Visit

| Haenuli Lovely Memories JSK | offbrand blouse | Innocent World Rose Lace Millefeuille bolero | Baroque Secret Garden tights | Sosic Shop shoes | Angelic Pretty Classical Petit Rose headbow | Tiny Passerine Creations The Duchess’ Tea parure |

Testing a different way of curling my hair on a freshly(ish) chopped hair.

The pattern on these sleeves is so lovely, it doesn't get enough appreciation.

A friend came over for an afternoon of frills and chatting - which turned into a whole 7 hours of that. Since I had just chopped my hair and I needed an opportunity to practice this particular hair roller set, I went with an elegant coordinate (though less vintage-inspired than what I had planned originally). This JSK remains one of my favourites and always makes me feel so elegant.

*~*~*~*

Coord 11: Feeling the Folk

| AatP Rosier Fleur JSK | offbrand cutsew, socks, scarves, headpiece, brooch, and rings | Sosic Shop shoes | vintage necklace | My Inspiration brooch |

And another curling method tested (this one somehow lasted three days, might be my record!).

An all-ivory coord just makes every other colour pop.

My original ideas for what to wear that day were different, including ideas involving this dress. However, what they had in common was they were all much too fancy for a Monday spent working from home. Then I remembered this scarf that I bought in Poland and everything else just clicked into place. I also like the scarf tied around my waist in lieu of a belt, and with this whole coord being ivory it kind of made me want to get a chemise a’la reine dress. It may or may not still happen, we shall see.

*~*~*~*


Whilst part of me thought that I would’ve been able to squeeze one or two outfits more, on the other hand this does feels like more than I have so far this year. Whether it’s the influence of more spring-like weather, waking up from the winter and an end-of-year slumber, or the optimism of having finally figured out some direction for my style, things feel on the upside now. Though in typical me fashion, the moment the weather warms up, my brain wants to layer up. Please, brain, let us be seasonal for once!

My plans for May involve more of the same, really. I am dreading June and the start of a very busy period at work, so I would like to squeeze as much out of May as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Still love that gothic look with the bat headdress!

    I feel like "just generally existing in a fancy ways" need to be a slogan on a lolita cutsew.

    I absolutely ADORE the "Brightly Coloured" coord...and donating blood in lolita is now a life goal of mine, thank you :p

    I also have a surprising amount of love for the Easter prep coord. It's just nice.

    And ooof the Botany Student look. Who'd have thought that sage green would go so well with sax?

    I'm really enjoying how much more adventurous your outfits are getting, yet at the same time they feel more "you". It's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just generally existing in a fancy way - the motto of every person out there who dresses in something nicer than what the rest of the world is wearing. It definitely should be my new answer to when people on the street ask why am I dressed like this xD

      And thank you! Getting more adventurous has been really fun so far, the more I try, the more I can narrow down on what my niche and comfort zone are, so that overall my outfits come out feeling more me. And having had a couple of crises along those lines recently, it's nice to regain the sense of what is 'me' and what isn't.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.